The Nairobi Hospital, a leading health care institution in Eastern Africa has excellent career opportunities for individuals who possess a passion for excellence, strong work ethic, are results oriented and committed to continual improvement.
The successful candidates will be team players with the ability to effectively add value to enabling good patient outcomes and shape best clinical practice.
Reporting to the Deputy Principal, the successful candidate will be responsible for the following amongst others: -
- Mentoring, guiding, counselling and supervising students both in classroom and in clinical setup;
- Participating in the development and review of curricula for both Basic and Post Basic programmes;
- Co-ordinating and implementing Basic and Post Basic program in liaison with the Principal and Deputy Principals;
- Teaching and supervising students in the classroom and their clinical allocations
- Organising, time-tables, lesson plans and teaching resources for learning programmes;
- Participating in recruitment, interview selection and admission of new students;
- Dealing with student grievances and complaints with the Principal and the Deputy Principal as per School of Nursing and Hospital’s policy and procedures;
- Setting, moderating, administering and marking examinations;
- Providing Mentorship, guidance and counselling to students;
- Participating in student welfare programs and events;
- Serving in committees to represent the School of Nursing;
- Participating in the development and review of policies, procedures and standards;
- Contributing to research, publication and professional conferences and workshops.
- Perform any other duties as assigned from time to time.
SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing or Diploma in Advanced Nursing.
- Masters of Science in Nursing will be an added advantage.
- At least 5 years of relevant work experience; 3 of which should have been in teaching or involved in relevant teaching activities.
- Effective leadership, counselling, decision-making and problem-solving and skills.
Method of Application
If your background, experience and competence match the above specifications, please send us your application and CV (include contact details of three referees) quoting the job title and reference number on the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 22nd February 2019.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Candidates invited for interviews will be required to present both originals and clear copies (where applicable) of the following documents:
- National I.D.
- KRA Pin Card
- Birth Certificate
- Current Coloured Passport Photo
- NSSF Card
- NHIF Card
- Valid Certificate of Good Conduct
- Academic and Professional certificatesCertificates of Service from previous employers