- Take part in our Job Search Survey 2019. Get Started »
Payroll Specialist at Unilever
Posted on: 13 February, 2019
Deadline: 15 February, 2019
View Jobs in Manufacturing / Production / FMCG
View All Jobs at Unilever
If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Be part of the world’s most successful, purpose-led business. Work with brands that are well-loved around the world, that improve the lives of our consumers and the communities around us. We promote innovation, big and small, to make our business win and grow; and we believe in business as a force for good. Unleash your curiosity, challenge ideas and disrupt processes; use your energy to make this happen. Our brilliant business leaders and colleagues provide mentorship and inspiration, so you can be at your best.
The main purpose of the Payroll Specialist is to prepare and run the payroll month on month On Time In Full (OTIF) and ensure that the same is posted in the right ledgers as well as make all statutory payments as required.
- Maintain payroll information by collecting, calculating, and capturing data;
- Ensuring timely processing of monthly payroll.
- Update payroll records by capturing changes in exemptions, allowances, insurance coverage, savings deductions and any other changes that may occur within the month.
- Prepare reports by compiling summaries of earnings, taxes, deductions, leave, disability, and non-taxable wages amongst other reports.
- Ensure that the statutory reports such as PAYE, NSSF, NHIF, NITA and HELB are submitted to the Finance department by the end of every month
- Resolve payroll discrepancies after analyzing information
- Provide payroll information when required and address any payroll related complaints that may arise
- Maintain payroll operations by following policies and procedures; advise on any changes required;
- Protect payroll operations by keeping all information confidential
- Ensure that the company is compliant to all laws that relate to payroll processing
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Hold a University Degree in a business-related field with an emphasis in Finance/Accounting
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in payroll management
- Experience in payroll systems technical know how
- Experience in ‘pool’ payroll management
- Financial Accounting / Association of certified chattered accountant (ACCA) / Certified public accounts is an added advantage
- Interpersonal skills /Customer Service
- High sense of confidentiality and integrity
- Project management skills & proficiency in Payroll Software
- Demonstrate strong analytical skills.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Unilever career website on unilever.taleo.net to apply
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about UnileverSimilar Jobs
- Sr. Sales Executive at Jotun Middle East, India and Africa (MEIA)
- Human Resources Business Partner-Sales and Marketing at Unilever
- Supply Chain & Distribution Manager BOC Kenya Limited
- Driver at UNEECO Paper Products LTD
- Brand Executive at British American Tobacco
- Region System Economics Analyst at Coca-Cola Company
- Finance Controller East Africa at Greenlight Planet
- Corporate Affairs & Sustainability Manager at British American Tobacco