If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
The Media Council of Kenya is an independent national institution established by the Media Council Act, 2013 as the leading institution in the regulation of media and in the conduct and discipline of journalists. The Council is in the process of reviewing its strategic plan and consequently wishes to engage various professionals to enhance its capacity to implement the plan. MCK is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to recruit highly competent, dynamic, visionary and results oriented professionals to fill the positions below.
- Act as a point of contact for the Council in design and visual identity issues.
- Technical and Graphical Support
- Act as a point of contact and assistance for all issues relating to visual communication, from technical assistance to graphic design support:
- Create appealing graphs and illustrations from Excel data, PowerPoint files etc.; redraw existing graphs and illustrations to increase attentiveness for use in presentations, publications, website, etc.
- Build and maintain a Council image bank specifically oriented to its mandate, for easy retrieval depending on requirements (books, presentations, web articles etc.)
- Create or adapt documents/visuals at short notice.
- Apply the Council identity and branding guidelines for different uses.
- Provide high quality print files.
- Photography services, photo enhancements, corrections, modifications.
- Provide design support for all digital channels including but not limited to websites, social media sites and mobile applications
- Provide design support in the publication of the Council’s internal and external publications such as The Observer.
- Help identify and implement technical interfaces between web and print publishing.
- Provide in-house training on all graphic software (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, and Acrobat) to build internal competencies.
- Minimum Diploma in Multimedia Studies, Graphic Design/Visual arts, or equivalent. Relevant Degree will also be considered.
- A minimum three (3) years’ practical experience in designing a wide range of print and digital products, including books.
- Demonstrated skills in developing effective solutions for visual communication objectives with creativity.
- Excellent knowledge and proven experience with a range of professional design software including Indesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat Professionaland MS Office
- Willingness to continually update oneself with technological developments and best practices in visual communication.
- Proven team-working ability, including the capacity to work effectively with people from many different backgrounds.
- Creativity, result-orientation, flexibility and the ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to multi-task and co-ordinate parallel projects.
Method of Application
Applicants meeting above qualifications should send their applications, giving full details of their age, qualifications, experience, present and expected remuneration, full contact address including daytime telephone number, detailed C.V, copies of certificates and testimonials and contact details of three referees.
Click the link below to apply
Applications should indicate position applied for and addressed to:
The Chief Executive Officer
Media Council of Kenya
P.O. Box 43132- 00100
Interested and qualified? Go to Media Council of Kenya career website on docs.google.com to apply