WE is a movement that believes when we come together we can create an even better world. WE makes it easy for you to get involved – whether at home, school or work – by offering resources to help you create positive social change in your community and around the world.
Through WE Charity initiatives, WE empowers communities to lift themselves out of poverty through our holistic, sustainable international development model, WE Villages.
In Canada, the US, and the UK, WE Day and WE Schools are initiatives of WE Charity that educate and empower young people. WE Schools is a year long educational program that nurtures compassion in students and gives them the tools to create transformative social change. WE Day is a series of stadium-sized events that celebrate youth making a difference in their local and global communities.
ME to WE is an innovative social enterprise that provides people with better choices for a better world. We offer socially conscious and environmentally friendly products as well as lifechanging experiences. ME to WE measures the bottom line not by dollars earned, but by the number of lives changed and the positive social and environmental impact made. Half of ME to WE’s net profit is donated to WE Charity. The other half is reinvested to grow the enterprise and its social mission.
WE are looking for an experienced Warehouse Manager to responsible for the proper warehousing and inventory control of raw materials, finished goods, consumables, spare parts and other supplies. Ensures the maximum utilization of warehouse facilities. He/she also coordinates with the purchasing, manufacturing and transport department to ensure proper receiving, transfer and dispatch of raw materials and other goods.
Assists and supports the AD, Supply Chain Management towards the achievement of the departmental medium to long-term goals and objectives.
- Ensures effective utilization of warehouse areas and observes proper loading, unloading, stocking and safekeeping of items to maintain the quality of goods in order to prevent product damage and avoid occurrence of pilferage, accidents and occupational hazards.
- Effectively monitors flow of goods and implements First-In First-Out (FIFO) method in the use of raw materials and in dispatching of finished goods.
- Coordinates with the purchasing department with regards to incoming deliveries of consumables and other supplies.
- Coordinates with the production and transport department with regards to transfer and dispatch of goods.
- Maintains the highest standards of customer service by immediately attending and resolving customer issues on product preparation before dispatch.
- Ensures accuracy of product inventories against system records by conducting cycle counts on a periodic basis following appropriate guidelines released by accounting and audit departments.
- Conducts regular cycle count as per established schedules and guidelines. Evaluates and analyzes inventory variance. Implements preventive countermeasures based on the result of inventory variance analysis.
- Immediately resolves inventory discrepancies in coordination with accounting department. Analyzes inventory variances per cycle count and provides immediate solution to significantly reduce the variance.
- Develops and effectively implements warehouse and inventory monitoring systems and procedures.
- Maintains inventory control and warehouse records and manuals.
- Ensures the integrity and completeness of all inventory and logistics records and manuals.
- Prepares and monitors budgets according to plan and ensures maximum utilization of product and logistics resources.
- Provides advice and support to other departments on production planning, inventory control and warehouse matters.
- Develops and implements business process initiatives to optimize departmental operations in accordance with overall business objectives. Provides clear directions and general guidance to the department in the formulation of basic policies and procedures and ensure that these are translated to action
- High school diploma/GED required
- 2+ years’ experience in a warehouse supervisory role
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, ERP
- Proven knowledge of warehouse policies and procedures
- Impeccable written and verbal communication skills
- Experience training and supervising staff
- Able to work with all levels of staff
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Exceptional organizational, time-management, and project management skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work and succeed with minimal direction
- Powerful work ethic, both as a team player, but also a forward-thinking self-starter
- Positive, flexible and a get-it-done attitude
Method of Application
If you feel intrigued by this challenging opportunity, send your application with the position title on the subject line to email@example.com on or before 31st March, 2019
WE is an equal opportunity employer irrespective of race, colour, sex, language, religion, political or other opinion, nationality, ethnic or social origin, disability, pregnancy, mental status or HIV status. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.