4G Capital is a fintech providing ethical credit services to those who require it most. We provide rapidly accessible and affordable unsecured loans with strict affordability criteria to prevent unmanageable debt. Our customers are mainly small businesses and entrepreneurs who use our credit to grow their businesses and provide for the unforeseen.
At 4G Capital, we’ve experienced a wonderful period of growth as the direct result of increased efficiency and productivity. To continue on this trajectory, we’re searching for a highly qualified Chief Operations Officer to work closely with our executive team. From day one, the COO will have an immediate impact on our productivity, streamlining strategic initiatives, overseeing program management and optimising business potential. The ideal candidate will have 10+ years’ proven experience in a senior management role in developing and emerging markets, with a focus on Credit Services during growth-phase.
Purpose of the position
This role’s purpose is to support the CEO in the development and implementation of business unit strategies, policies, procedures and practices. He/She will work closely with other departmental heads in managing, monitoring and improving efficiency of the credit and general business processes. This role is responsible for the credit policy; float management, strategic review and enforcement of a smooth, efficient and effective lending and collections process.
Responsibilities & duties
- Responsibility 1 – Product Delivery and Business Coordination
- Maintain and oversee growth of all products and services and their supporting policies and recommend changes as required to meet business KPIs
- Ensure the effectiveness and efficiency of the business unit’s services through regular review and improvements to each department and product head as well as coordination and communication between support and business functions.
- Responsibility 2 – Credit Sales & Collections
- Ensure KPIs are consistently achieved
- Oversees the full range of managerial duties for the loan review, compliance, collections, and credit analysis functions including adherence to policies and practices of the organization and applicable regulatory and governmental agencies
- Responsibility 3 – Operational Financial Management
- Oversee overall financial management, planning, systems and controls
- Undertake the business unit’s financial reporting; revenue tracking; cost control measures; forecasting and budgeting functions
- Manage and control disbursement capital on mobile money platforms
- Set up and provide reports on key financial indicators as required
- Review financial and non-financial reports to devise solutions or improvements
- Responsibility 5 – Business Acumen
- Lead and oversee the business support functions on a day to day basis to deliver high quality services to stakeholders
- Direct short-term and long-term planning and budget development to support strategic business goals
- Work with all teams to ensure delivery against the strategic direction set by the CEO and Board. This includes setting clear targets, financial planning, and risk management
- Proactively seek opportunities to improve, develop and enhance our products and services
- Work with operational areas to ensure that effective processes exist and are maintained for all business support functions
- Collaborate with the management team to develop and implement plans for the operational infrastructure of systems, processes, and personnel designed to accommodate the rapid growth objectives of the organization
Academic and trade qualifications
- Finance Services background is mandatory
- Advanced organizational leadership and people management skills
- Excellent written, oral and client-facing communication skills
- Delivery-focused mindset
- Cost-control and ability to operate within budgetary requirements
- Strong analytical abilities and problem resolution skills
- Strong strategic focus for business planning
- Strong planning and organizational abilities
- Strong negotiation skills
- Strong client service orientation
- CEO: Direct line manager, who will offer ongoing support and supervision, as well as the conduit to the Management Board
- Departmental heads: Implement internal work procedures and policies consistent with overall company goals and objectives
- External Specialists: Manage and maintain these strategic alliances
- Subordinates/Direct Reports: Determine work priorities; schedule work assignments; select, orient, train, evaluate work performance and recommend associated personnel action; provide staff with clear and concise written guidelines.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to 4G Capital career website on www.linkedin.com to apply