If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
There has never been a more important time for innovation in agriculture. Our world faces enormous challenges -- from a changing climate, limited natural resources to a growing population. And we believe agriculture is part of the solution. At Bayer, we’re a responsible, global team working to shape agriculture through breakthrough innovation for the benefit of farmers, consumers and our planet.
Contract period: 2 years
It entails meeting business goals and working to achieve long term growth of SEMINIS Products in the small holder/Outgrowers and large scale/Exporters farming segments in Kenya by being a key member of the sales team that will drive the growth of Monsanto’s business in Kenya.
Specific role responsibility
- Provide agronomic support & advice to growers and prospects
- Follow up on grower (visits, calls) to understand their needs, create product awareness and to maintain relationship
Preparation of customer interactions
- Strategically plan activities to generate demand for available products. Research and understand the needs of the customer, and plan sales activities to increase sales.
- Closes sales/obtain the buying commitment from the grower
- Work with customer to ensure complaints are resolved in a timely manner.
- Account planning, populates/maintains customer database in sales force.com
- Provide after-the-sale customer service that increases grower loyalty and the percentage of seed purchase from Monsanto.
Maintain and develop relationship with the customers. Full accountabilities of money collection from the customers and be proactive in early money collection.
Contribute, implement and follow-up as per Monsanto’s guidance and compliance (Business conduct, FCPA, Pledge & ESH Policies)
Provide Monsanto with the necessary market intelligence required for the commercial success
- Setting of PCM4 and demo trials / follow up trial execution at grower level to create product awareness that best fit customer needs. Data collection per TD protocol.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture or related field
- A master’s degree will be an added advantage
- Work Experience: 5+ years’ sales/ account management experience, with at least 2 years in the agricultural industry.
Special Skills: Personal skills
- Results oriented
- Customer oriented
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
- Enjoys working in a team
- Able to work with autonomy and willing to travel intensively on business (80% of the time)
- Able to prioritize
- Assertive and takes initiative to make things happen
- Technical skills
- Valid driver’s license and experience (minimum 5 years)
- Good command of English language
- Data analytics will be highly essential
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Bayer East Africa career website on www.linkedin.com to apply