If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Fairtrade Africa (FTA) is the umbrella network organization representing Fairtrade certified producers and workers in Africa. It has four (4) regional networks – Eastern Africa; Southern Africa; West Africa; and Middle East and North Africa. Established in 2005, FTA aims to effectively represent producers and workers within the International Fairtrade System and provide services to them that 12contribute to the improvement of their livelihoods. Our vision is a world in which all producers canenjoy secure and sustainable livelihoods, fulfil their potential and decide on their future. To realize this ambition the organization recognizes the importance of a vibrant, navigable and engaging website that not only strengthens and promotes our brand identity but also aids our optimal service delivery.
Objectives of the Assignment
This Assignment Will Broadly Involve Conducting website needs assessment both at all levels of the organization.
Re-designing of the website with emphasis on simplified layout, look and feel, usability, navigability etc.
Setting up a user-friendly blogging system which can support with publications and newsletters and subscriptions where necessary.
Ensuring the website is compatible with all popular browsers and has ability to run on hand held mobile devices.
Ensuring the website provides clear communication, brand consistency and aesthetic appeal; providing exceptional usability and easy navigability.
Developing a system administration and user manual to document how the website/Content Management System works and providing reference material to internal system administrator and content managers.
Integration of back-end Services to ensure connection and integration to external services: staff mails, member service portal for our partners, other sites and social media pages.
Fairtrade Africa expects the re-designed website to include wide-ranging features, including:
- A comprehensive content management system to support a variety of users ranging from administrators to guests; allowing the administrator to create user roles while allowing the setting up of access rights ranging from management of the entire website to a specific page or section within it.
- Members section where our producers can login and update their farm/organization details.
- Providing for flexibility to modify the design as appropriate in order to accommodate new or additional pages as necessary. This includes allowing changing the interface templates as and when required.
- Compatibility with various browsers including IE, Mozilla Firefox, Chrome, Safari, Opera etc. while ensuring right screen resolutions.
- Incorporation of necessary security features against hacking and defacement while ensuring that all logins operate on secure protocols additionally providing support features for website security audits.
- Providing a backup solution for both files and database to ensure business continuity as well as data recovery planning.
- Providing for Search Engine Optimization and ability to work well with search engines.
- Optimal compatibility with social media tools including twitter, Facebook, You tube etc.
The Consultancy Has The Following Deliverables
- A fully navigable, user friendly and aesthetically designed website.
- Administrator training manual and guidelines on the various website functionalities.
- Content management training for administrators.
It is expected that the assignment will be concluded in not more than 40 working days from the date of signing the contract.
- University degree in software engineering/ web development or other relevant fields.
- Demonstrated qualifications and proficiency in web application development, graphic design and database design.
- Solid understanding of the concepts of user experience, user interface design principles and conceptual designs.
- Eye for aesthetic designs and attention to details are essential.
- Ability to understand users' needs and to customize services and products accordingly.
All the resultant products of this assignment shall remain the property of Fairtrade Africa and shall be treated as confidential by the consultant(s) during and after the engagement with the organization.
In Bidding For This Work, Qualified Consultant(s) Must Submit
- A comprehensive technical proposal explaining how the objectives and expected outcomes of the consultancy will be delivered including a detailed methodology to undertake the assignment.
- Detailed and current CV(s) of all persons proposed to undertake the assignment.
- A detailed work plan clearly indicating the activity schedule and brake-down for the entire consultancy period.
- Credentials showing proven and solid knowledge and experience in providing similar service to reputable organization especially non-governmental organizations.
- Website design portfolio with recommendation letters from at least 3 non-governmental organizations with which the consultant(s) has undertaken similar assignments. Fairtrade
- Africa will conduct extensive due-diligence on recommendations provided.
- Detailed financial proposal providing a clear break-down of costs for the assignment. Where taxes are applicable, this must also be indicated. Consultants shall express the cost of their
- services in Kenya Shillings.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Fairtrade International career website on www.impactpool.org to apply