- NEVER pay for any job, interview, certification, visa or any other fee to any employer or individual. If you need any clarification, email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Maintenance Manager at Wärtsilä
Posted on: 13 March, 2019
Deadline: 13 March, 2019
View Jobs in Engineering / Technical
View All Jobs at Wärtsilä
Wärtsilä is a multinational organization with a strong market presence in the Eastern Africa region. We provide optimal efficiency throughout the entire lifetime of our customers’ installations. Our global service network helps our customers keep their business running, while saving fuel and costs and complying with environmental regulations. Our customers appreciate the best service in the world. So do we. In order to continue to help us to achieve our mission Wartsila is looking fortwo (2)Maintenance Managers.
WEA is looking for Maintenance Managers whose main responsibilities include the following
- Services Contract Management has the execution responsibility for different types of long term service contracts as our customers’ partner. Globally the business covers 600 installations both on land and sea and is one of the strategic growth areas within the Energy Business. Wärtsilä Eastern Africa Ltd has existing Operation & Maintenance Contracts for Thermal Power Plants (Diesel powered) in Mombasa, Kenya.
- Planning and implementation of all Maintenance activities related to the power plant with precision.
- Implementing preventative maintenance programs with Maximo (Wärtsilä developed maintenance program).
- Managing Spare parts planning and follow up with Nairobi office.
- Leading training programs and handling the training and development needs of new hires/ related to subordinates as well Customer employees.
- Enhance zero injury concept within the team and adhering to safety regulations.
- Strict enforcement of PPE within the members of the team.
- Enforcing industry regulations and requirements.
- Assessing technical risks related to the plant.
- Maintain good housekeeping in conjunction with maintenance activities.
- Responsible for all activities relating to the daily maintenance management of the power plant inclusive of planning and implementation of plant maintenance.
- Communicates effectively with the plant team relative to the condition of the plant equipment and performance and to provide suggestions for improvements.
- Administration and training of a skilled and motivated maintenance personnel to assure good teamwork. Setting and maintaining the qualification and training standards for the plant maintenance personnel.
- Responsible for implementation of plant safety policy.
- Establish and implement standard WOM (Wärtsilä Operation & Maintenance) policies and procedures.
- Identify and actively seek to improve maintenance reliability and availability.
- Leadership and good seller of ideas.
- Builds a competitive and motivated team of maintenance personnel.
- Develops the maintenance working routines at the plant.
- Ability to use all resources - material and human - to effectively carry out assigned tasks.
- Approves time sheet for personnel.
- Prepares reports, plans, budgets and any other responsibility requested by the Plant Manager.
- BSc in Engineering or equivalent combination of education with relevant experience.
- Masters Degree is an added advantage.
- Knowledge of English compulsory, knowledge of local laguages and culture preferable.
- Computer literate.
- 10 years of progressive experience in maintenance of a Power Plant.
- Previous experience in a similar position will be considered as an added advantage
Contact person to give further information
GM Operations SUSEA
Last application date: 24/03/2019
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Wärtsilä career website on careers.wartsila.com to apply
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about WärtsiläSimilar Jobs
- Project Quality & Quantity Surveyor (PQS) at Trident Plumbers Limited
- Database Administrator & Report Writer at AutoXpress Limited
- Chief Inspector at StandardAero
- Regional Sales Engineer at Timken Company