Andela’s Talent Development department creates the required programs, curriculum, facilitation, and partnerships that ensure our developers meet Andela’s “developer specifications” in a timely, efficient, scalable manner.
Andela’s curriculum team supports that mission by defining and supporting effective, evidence-based Learning Paths that ensure developers are qualified for Global Technology positions. The curriculum team leverages the expertise of our community and data from our Partner contexts to ensure Andela’s Curriculum prepares developers to thrive on top technology teams.
About the role:
The Director of Curriculum is an engineering and learning leader, responsible for setting the vision, implementing the strategy, and leading the team to deliver high-impact curriculum initiatives. They are accountable for the efficacy, usability, engagement, and scalability of the global curriculum for developers of all levels.
- Create a clear, effective, scalable Learner Journey
- Set curriculum strategy for all phases of Talent Development Pipeline to ensure that the learner journey is streamlined, clear, and covers all the appropriate skills
- Lead team to create a multiple, personalized pathways into and through Andela
- Ensure the provision of well-defined and robustly supported paths to advancement based on the strategy & priorities of each unit
- Ensure full coverage of pathways to technology roles at Andela; prioritize which pathways are of the highest importance
- Liaise closely with Director, Learning Technology to implement curriculum as a “tool” that achieves a desired learner outcome
- Incorporation of Market Feedback:
- Manage feedback loop with Revenue, Talent, and Success teams to take in and act on partner feedback
- Use data & expertise to prioritize the creation of learning materials that effectively increase developer performance in the most critical partner contexts
- Collaborate closely with VP, Product, to support the creation of curriculum pathways that enable our developers to meet and exceed our product specifications
- Team Management:
- Set and create accountability around the team strategy, roadmap and KPI’s
- Design, hire, and retain a world-class team capable of meeting and exceeding the divisions KPIs and initiatives
- Ensure consistent reporting on core divisional metrics including but not limited to curriculum quality (NPS) and efficacy (developer performance)
- Experienced professional with 3-5 years of direct management experience
- Minimum of 5 years in development/ Software engineering / Product Management role
- A background in learning & development in any form (teaching, curriculum development, management, learning operations, etc)
- A doer who is self-motivated and proactive, obsessed with detail and quality, and personally offended by mediocrity.
- An open communicator who takes ownership of deliverables, communicates ideas, and tests their efficacy with an analytical mindset.
- Willingness to travel up to 30% of the time
- Able to thrive on a diverse, globally distributed team
EPIC Values Alignment
- Demonstrable commitment to the learning & development of people and technology
- The ability to learn new things fast enough to amaze your friends and family
If the above sounds like an exciting role to you, please tell us why you believe you’re a good fit and we’ll be in touch.
Benefits & Compensation
- Full-time compensation
- Full medical coverage
- Breakfast, lunch and snacks provided daily
- Beautiful working environment
- Opportunity to work with the brightest minds on the planet
- Oh, and a chance to change the world!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Andela career website on www.linkedin.com to apply