If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
HIAS is an international nonprofit organization with a vision for a world in which refugees, displaced persons and asylum seekers find welcome, safety and freedom. HIAS operation in Kenya was established in 2002 with the mission to serve the most vulnerable refugees through protection, resilience, economic inclusion and provision of durable solutions.
Duration: 6 months
Reporting to: Protection Officer
Liasing with: Protection Manager.
The incumbent will be expected to contribute towards meeting the program overall goal which is to enhance protection of refugees by promoting and protecting their rights. The protection program has five core strategies for meeting its overall goal which is; Advocate for the rights of PSNs living in the urban areas; Capacity Building for HIAS staff, partner staff and other stakeholders on diversity, SGBV and protection of at risk refugees; Community based protection monitoring; Develop strategic partnerships and To provide safe and dignified safe housing facility and scattered safe housing to PSNs.
To this end, the incumbent will have the following key responsibilities:-
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Attend to clients who come to Mimosa office for follow up and any other information required
- Maintain and update database for walk in clients at Mimosa office
- Refer clients seen as appropriate for further interventions/follow up
- Providing feedback and information to clients regarding relevant issues
- Assist in facilitation and organization for meetings/trainings to be held at Mimosa office
- Organizing and storing paper work, documents and computer based information
- Maintaining Protection files
- Preparing and sharing reports on activities undertaken
- Maintenance of the Protection database
- Assist in preparation of project related reports.
- Assist in case management.
- Assist in organization and facilitation of protection committees.
- Assist in organization and facilitation of community empowerment forum.
- Assist in organization and facilitation of orientation workshop.
- Fill in the various protection forms
- Maintain a database and an individual case management strategy for protection cases ;
- Assist in the development of IEC materials on protection; and,
- Perform other duties as and when required.
- Minimum academic attainment required: university degree in law; Experience in gender studies and development
- Specific academic discipline/training/certification: degree in social sciences with good knowledge of human rights doctrine or extensive field experience in international refugee law.
- Skills & Competencies
Proficiency in English, knowledge of Kiswahili
- Good Computer skills
- Team work and accountability
- Integrity and Respect for Diversity
Method of Application
Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com, indicate the job title in the subject line.
Closing Date: 16th March 2019 5:00 pm Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification. Late applications will not be considered.