Equity Bank Limited (The “Bank”) is incorporated, registered under the Kenyan Companies Act Cap 486 and domiciled in Kenya. The address of the Bank’s registered office is 9th Floor, Equity Centre, P.O. Box 75104 – 00200 Nairobi. The Bank is licensed under the Kenya Banking Act (Chapter 488), and continues to offer retail banking, microfinance and related services. The Bank has subsidiaries in Kenya, Uganda, South Sudan, Rwanda and Tanzania. Its shares are listed on the Nairobi Securities Exchange and Uganda Securities Exchange.
To work in a technology restoration and availability command center as a VMware L2/L3.
The successful candidate will serve as a Senior Systems Engineer (VMWare) reporting to ICT-Infrastructure unit. This role is responsible for providing operational support and proactive maintenance of the hosting Microsoft Windows and Linux Virtual Servers. This position will be an escalation point for support engineers within the Windows and Linux Operations group and will help management define support methodology and run books.
Technical Skills required:
- Define, build and maintain in good operational conditions complex technical environments with respect to SLAs.
- Install, Configure & Manage VMware vSphere 6.0 ESXi Infrastructure.
- Experience in high level diagnostics & troubleshooting on VMware vSphere 6.0 ESXi.
- Excellent troubleshooting and System Administration skills on VMware products and tools.
- Experience working on vSAN configuration and troubleshooting.
- OS / Patch Release management and manage Hosts patching via Update Manager Plug-in.
- Configure and Manage HA, DRS , SDRS, Resource Pools clusters.
- Manage Backups and Restore, along with understanding of VMware Snapshots.
- Configure and Manage Monitoring Alerts w.r.t VMware Hypervisors and VM’s
- Perform Capacity and Performance reports for Cluster , Hosts , Storage , VM’s etc.
- Manage Resources like CPU / Memory / Disk and manage respective resource bottleneck.
- Experience in performance tuning of VMware servers and Virtual sessions and management of servers resources between virtual machines.
- Experience in P2V, VMotion, Storage VMotion, FT etc.
- Experience on ESXi 6.X Architecture and vSphere Web Client.
- Installation and Configuration of ESXi, HA and DRS Clusters, Virtual Center and troubleshooting on HS, DRS, VMotion etc. issues.
- Management & configuration of Virtual Center and plugins like Update Manager.
- Knowledge and hands-on on vROps. à Optional
- Knowledge of Basic Networking concept.
- Run Maintenance (Performance, Break fix, Troubleshooting, Health Check)for VMware vSphere 6.X environment.
- Good knowledge on blade servers: Dell, HP, Cisco UCS
- Scripting skills – shell, batch, PowerShell, etc.
- Hands on experience with storage or at an expert level with IBM/HP/EMC/NetApp storage in block and file services: FC, iSCSI and NFS
- Knowledge of networking and storage protocols: NFS, CIFS, TCP/IP, Fibre Channel, Storage Area Network.
- Experience working with external providers in the day-to-day support of hardware installation, repairs and decommissioning
- Must be able to create and modify PowerCLI scripts for day to day management of virtual environments
- Strong experience in Troubleshooting VMware related issues
- Experience with Operating System Windows and Linux
- Correlation and diagnosis of events
- To represent the team during any high impact incidents and through the problem review process.
- Interact with vendors for support and issue identification.
- Proactively seek information and utilize analytical and creative problem solving skills along with standard Processes and technologies.
- Remediation of issues quickly and effectively to reduce business impact
- Perform proactive monitoring to identify potential and/or problems and provide resolution;
- Manage and troubleshoot multiple large VMWare environments;
- Maintain VMWare related standards, policies and procedures;
- Manage and maintain all (EXSi) host environments;
- Manage and support VMware/Hyper-V infrastructure environments;
- Follow procedures in support and implement VMWare /Hyper-V best practices;
- Manage disaster recovery plans;
- Provide 24/7 support to resolve complex technical operational problems;
- Perform Systems Administration (Windows & Linux);
- Troubleshoot and resolve OS, disk space and memory issues;
- Work on assigned tickets including incidents and requests; create appropriate changes for any modification, upgrades, etc. on the servers;
- Diagnose and document problem resolution
- BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
- Proven working experience in installing, configuring and troubleshooting UNIX /Linux based environments.
- Experience with virtualization and containerization (e.g., VMware)
- Experience with monitoring systems
- Solid networking knowledge (OSI network layers, TCP/IP)
- Enterprise storage administration
- ITIL foundation certification is an added advantage
- Able to operate in a performance driven organization
- Culturally aware and adept at working across multiple geographies
- VCP certification-VMware 6x Certification;
- 5+ years of experience with in a related role in troubleshooting, analysing and problem solving in successfully resolving issues with Windows & Linux virtual servers;
- Knowledge of the basic understanding of TCP/IP network;
- Strong problem-solving and troubleshooting skills to resolve issues on all tiers;
- Experience in managing VMware vSphere environments;
- Experience in managing DNS, DHCP, Remote Desktop Session Host, DFS, and Microsoft Failover Clusters;
- Experience in VMWare (EXSi) support;
- Experience in VMware /RHEL recovery planning and implementation;
- Experience with VMWare NetBackup a plus;
- Excellent communication skills, interpersonal and organizational skills required
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Equity Bank Kenya career website on www.linkedin.com to apply