ACCA (the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants) is the global body for professional accountants with over 200,000 fully-qualified members and 486,000 students worldwide - and they're among the world's best-qualified and most highly sought-after accountants.
In 1904, eight accountants sat around a table and decided to establish a new qualification for their profession. A qualification that combined high technical ability with insight, development and integrity. Today that qualification supports over 200,000 members and 500,000 students in 178 economies around the world. We are ACCA. Come join us.
We’re currently recruiting for a Business Development Manager role based in our Kenya offices.
This is a fantastic role for someone who is looking to join ACCA and help support the organisation during this exciting period of expansion.
This role strongly contributes to the delivery of ACCA’s overall strategy for employers and universities in the Kenya market, leading on business development and relationship management with key employers and universities to ensure ACCA helps their businesses grow by developing their finance capability and brand reputation while at the same time, growing ACCA’s reputation, influence and size.
- Supporting Head of ACCA Kenya in the setting and delivery of strategies for key employers in the country, ensuring mutual benefit to employers and ACCA. Implementation and monitoring of the strategies for employers
- Undertake structured visits to key employers (global, regional and national) in order to promote ACCA, build relationships and build influence in Kenya
- Evaluate and prioritise family employers in line with ACCA approach for employer engagement and report regularly on achievements against targets
- Evaluate and identify ‘friends’ employers that are potential family employers in line with ACCA approach for employer engagement and report regularly on achievements against targets
- Develop and deliver employer led events including: presentations; business breakfasts and networking events in order to raise the profile of ACCA with key employers
- Identifying and highlighting the risks in the market and in the key accounts
- Responsible for researching and analysing target clients, and actively monitoring the activities of current key clients, in order to support the achievement of strategy/performance targets for key employers
- Careful monitoring of employers and account management. Project planning and implementation within the client organizations
- Responsible for identifying and developing a range of relationships, creating long term, positive, working relationships with key employers and internal ACCA departments.
- Working closely with the different divisions like GER, Education and Brand to deliver the ACCA employer strategy and objectives
- Ensure good awareness of market trends and activities of key competitors, to ensure flexible and outstanding service and support are given
- Engage with colleagues in the wider ACCA business to ensure alignment of services to key employers
- Keep up to date with ACCA employer products and a general understanding of the business and the qualification
The ideal candidate will have the following skills/attributes:
- Business Degree from a recognized university, a relevant professional qualification will be an added advantage.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a business relationship/business development or marketing role gained in a customer focused environment and possess proven and effective long term relationships skills with a wide range of stakeholders
- Dynamic, ability to multi-task, work in a team, under pressure and own initiative, and to close a sale
- Demonstrate a proven track record of developing and implementing successful marketing initiatives and/or business plans within a defined budget and resources
possess excellent spoken and written communication skills and with a proven ability to present to high level stakeholders in a confident and mature manner
strong market research and analytical skills and an ability to prepare concise reports on research findings
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to effectively manage internal and external customers
- Excellent working knowledge of all Microsoft Office applications, including Word (particularly mail merge functions), Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access.
- A genuine team player with a willingness to support colleagues during times of demand and readily contributing to the development of yourself and your colleagues.
The opportunity to shape and manage the following:
- A diverse customer base: 503k students, 208k members, 7.3k employers and 0.3k learning providers, as well as wider industry and government bodies internationally
- Liaison with stakeholders across 104 national offices and centres in 52 countries
- High spec, great office location
- Customisable benefits package including private healthcare, company pension plan
- Fantastic career development opportunities
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) career website on secure.dc3.pageuppeople.com to apply