UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, a voice
Under the supervision of HR Officer (Business Partnering), KCO, the incumbent will be responsible for recruitment (within delegated authority), onboarding, maintenance and off-boarding of staff in KCO and ESARO for the group of assigned clients. The incumbent will be required to apply HR regulations, rules and procedures in the context of broad variety of solutions that are not always clearly covered in general guidelines, thus requiring a capacity to adapt and interpret. The position require in-depth knowledge of the subject matter and the capacity to carry out tasks with strong independence. Thus, managerial oversight is limited to ensuring results are fulfilled according to work-plans and facilitating any issues that arise outside of established patterns.
How can you make a difference?
- Support to business partnering
- Keep abreast of latest of latest HR rules, regulations and policy, including the UN Joint Staff Pension Fund (UNJSPF) and medical insurance schemes; Support the management of change processes by advising clientele on changes to HR processes under the guidance of HR Business Partner; Support clientele in using HR systems such as Talent Management, Agora, Service Gateway and Achieve.
- Processing of entitlement and benefits
- Analyze, research, verify, and compile data and information on cases that do not conform to UN or UNICEF’s HR Rules & Regulations, to support consistent and equitable application of decisions and implementation of agreed upon action. Analyze, research and verify information for the purpose of responding to staff queries in all HR areas;
- Serve as HR focal point for Service Gateway and GSSC;
- Conduct local onboarding and off-boarding formalities,manage enrollment to Medical Insurance Plan (National Staff), Medical Evacuation;certify any outstanding amounts due (PAR);
- Monitor, initiate, and process contract extensions;Identify upcoming separations and liaise/inform with staff member / supervisor to determine effective date and initiate separation process;
- Process SPA, special leave with pay, longevity step, secondments and loans;
- Maintain, monitor and update attendance and leave records, including overtime, both manually and in VISION for all staff for KCO and ESARO providing accurate information to staff on their leave entitlements as appropriate. Reconciles the VISION records with manual records obtained from monthly attendance sheets to ensure consistency and accuracy at all times;
- Track the performance management cycle processes, ensuring the timely completion of appraisals in ACHIEVE.
Recruitment and placement:
- Manage selection process for GS TA and FT vacancies, including participation in selection panels and drafting selection reports; manage SSA selection and contracting, provide assistance to HR Officer on the same for NO positions and to HR Manager on P positions;
- Draft and circulate internal and external advertisements through TMS; Shortlist applicants for GS Vacancies; Organize and monitor selection process, liaise with candidates in the various stages of the process; Request reference checks and conduct academic verifications;
- Monitors life-cycle of recruitment process and maintain up-to-date tracking sheets to update supervisor as necessary.
Organization design and job classification:
- Drafts and edits job descriptions to be submitted for classification for review by supervisor. Upon approval of HR Manager, submit Job Descriptions for classification through Job Classification Portal, and follow up on the results. Ensure all job descriptions are current and duly classified;
- Establish temporary positions as and when required;
- Analyze, research, verify, and compile data which facilitates preparation of workforce planning reports for supervisor to review against benchmarks i.e. gender and geographical balance and other recruitment related key performance indicators.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
Education:Secondary school Diploma is obligatory. University degree or/and additional training/education in the area of Human Resources would be an asset.
Experience: Seven years of progressively responsible experience in the area of Human Resources administration and/or recruitment. Experience in UNICEF and/or UN system is an advantage.
Perfect knowledge of English with knowledge of the local language is required.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF’s core values of Commitment, Diversity and Integrity and core competencies in Communication, Working with People (with emphasis on strong client orientation skills) and Drive for Results.
The competencies required for this post are:
Planning and Organizing (II), including ability to multitask and observe deadlines.
Analyzing (II), with emphasis on ability to analyze, research, verify, and compile data and information.
Following Instructions and Procedures (II)
Applying Technical Expertise (II), including in-depth knowledge of the subject matter and the capacity to carry out tasks with strong independence.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to UNICEF career website on jobs.unicef.org to apply