- We do not charge candidates for recruitment and we dissociate ourselves from any entity defrauding candidates. If you need any clarification, email us: email@example.com
Head Of Marketing at Melvins Tea
Posted on: 16 April, 2019
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Manufacturing / Production / FMCG
View All Jobs at Melvins Tea
Melvins Teas was founded over 20 years ago with one goal: to provide delicious, flavored, high quality teas that are delicious and refreshing for our customers.
Initiates and supports marketing strategies to meet organizational objectives. Evaluates customer research, market conditions, competitor data and implements marketing plan changes as needed and oversees all marketing, advertising staff so as to bring growth in sales volumes by building all the brands.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Develops annual marketing plan in conjunction with sales department, determining which activities to follow during the year and which will focus on meeting organizations objective. Works with all departments to execute the plan.
- To develop and manage the marketing department budget, ensuring of all marketing activity is within agreed budget. 100% within budget.
- Developing a marketing strategy aligned with the brand strategy while focusing on Distribution, Display, Promotion and Price.
- Provide marketing support to all business units ensuring judicious utilization of the marketing spend for effective implementation of activities i.e. product launches and promotion strategies.
- Supporting the Sales Department by:
- Maintaining a positive and active customer base to increase purchase orders (i.e. increase share trade shelf)
- Ensure availability (fullness on trade shelf)
- Ensure right representation (planograms)
- Increase success rate of promotions and brand perception (conversion rates, loyalty programs)
- Measure and report performance of all marketing campaigns, and assess return on investment (ROI) of these activities and achievement against revenue goals (KPIs).
- The achievement of positive media coverage for company products and its program across all available selected media/above the line.
- Oversee marketing and advertising activities to ensure consistency with product line strategy in line with the marketing calendar.
- Monitor product distribution and consumer reactions. Managing marketing schemes to push the product to the agents and distributors. Basically incentivizing them to keep stock much before the competitors take the share of wallet.
- Managing the entire product line life cycle from strategic planning to tactical activities.
- Specifying market requirements for current and future products by conducting market research, competitor activity supported by on-going visits to customers and non-customers.
- Monitor market trends, research consumer markets and competitors’ activities to identify opportunities
- Develop a market intelligence platform that will improve the overall decision making process, both for strategic and day to day marketing operations decisions.
- Manage, develop and motivate the merchandising team through the setting of goals and objectives, monitoring their performance and create new business ideas and sales techniques for the merchandising team to help drive the business forward, and recommend strategies to address the areas of weakness and their training requirements
- Provide regular reports as required on sales performance, customer and competitors activities and market trends. Communicate and facilitate achievement of volume target on month wise/brand wise/SKU wise basis.
- Locate or propose potential business and ventures by contacting potential partners; discovering and exploring opportunities.
- Identify trendsetter ideas by researching the industry and related events and tracking individual contributors and their accomplishments.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Melvins Tea career website on www.linkedin.com to apply
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Melvins TeaSimilar Jobs
- Production Unit Engineer at L’Oréal
- Technical Operator at Guinneess
- Supervisor – Production at Safepak Limited
- Global Sales: Outlet Execution Manager at Diageo
- Sales Administrator at Paperbags Ltd
- Customer Service Specialist at BIC
- Latest Recruitment at Coca-Cola Beverages Africa
- Personal Assistant at Tetra Pak East Africa