Equity Bank Limited (The “Bank”) is incorporated, registered under the Kenyan Companies Act Cap 486 and domiciled in Kenya. The address of the Bank’s registered office is 9th Floor, Equity Centre, P.O. Box 75104 – 00200 Nairobi. The Bank is licensed under the Kenya Banking Act (Chapter 488), and continues to offer retail banking, microfinance and related services. The Bank has subsidiaries in Kenya, Uganda, South Sudan, Rwanda and Tanzania. Its shares are listed on the Nairobi Securities Exchange and Uganda Securities Exchange.
The Mobile Banking SME will support the business to achieve its goals and objectives by using effective and efficient practices to achieve strategic objectives and product support to customers. Additional responsibilities will include providing the highest level of service to resolve the customer's issues and restore the customers to fully functioning status, while strengthening the customer.
Job Responsibilities/ Accountabilities:
- Providing 2nd level support and troubleshooting for mobile banking products.
- Working from assigned customer cases - accurately assesses the customer's issue or problem. Using targeted and detailed questions fully comprehends the need, issue, and resolution.
- Using organization skills maintains personal knowledge of recent environment/software updates to ensure accurate customer communication.
- Using time management and organizational skills, manages backlogs to ensure that customer communication is timely.
- Identifies and resolves other questions that may arise. Answers general level questions related to product(s) or service(s).
- If unable to resolve an issue, provides accurate and complete assessment of issue via case notes to ensure efficient hand off to the appropriate team.
- Participates in training programs to continuously improve product knowledge and service skills.
- Prepare method of procedure (MOP) documents and training manuals to be used by level 1 engineers to troubleshoot and resolve known issues in Mobile applications.
- Configure, test and deploy newly released fixes in Pre-prod and subsequent migration to production environments.
- Tier II support for client facing application issues raised by level 1 support analysts
- Formulation and validation of SQL scripts for generating business reports.
- University Degree or Higher National Diploma (HND).
- Knowledge, understanding and experience of different Mobile Banking Systems/applications
- Knowledge on Mobile Financial Solutions domain.
- Knowledge in UNIX and Linux systems support is a MUST, administration and Linux scripting an added advantage.
- Good knowledge and experience working with Databases: Oracle PLSQL, MySQL
- Knowledge of different type of application servers, preferably WebLogic, Tomcat, Jetty and JBoss added advantage.
Other skills and abilities:
- Able to work on holidays, weekends, or extended hours
- The position requires participation in an on-call rotation and off-hours/weekend.
- Have strong communication skills to address customer phone calls and email inquiries
- High personal standards and goal oriented.
- Willing to learn how to navigate new software systems and attend training
- Excellent communications skills, good listener, team player, positive attitude is a must.
- Able to keep a good relation with customers. Flexible and cooperative
- Able to work under pressure, tolerate stress and be quality orientated
- Ability to carry out integrations through completion of System Integration Testing and User Acceptance Testing.
- Ability to work with diverse teams and various stakeholders to accomplish tasks in heterogeneous 24x7 high-availability operations environments, with significant levels of direct customer interaction.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Equity Bank Kenya career website on www.linkedin.com to apply