As a global leader in beverage alcohol, our 200+ brands are part of everyday celebrations in over 180 countries. Our ambition? We want to be one of the best performing, most trusted and respected consumer products companies in the world. Ever since Arthur Guinness took out a 9,000 year lease on a Dublin brewery, some 250 years ago, we became a business that is defined by the character of the people who work here. It took immense character from Alexander Walker to convince the captains of every ship in the port of Glasgow to take crates of Johnnie Walker to the four corners of the world. Today, nothing’s changed.
For Diageo to achieve its ambitious growth and profitability aspirations, our markets have identified the need to put the customer and consumer at the heart of our organization and significantly improve upon our current execution in outlet.
It is a shift that the Global Executive Committee and each of the Regional Presidents individually, have endorsed, and it will require a significant organizational shift. The importance of this is illustrated by the Global Executive Committee decision that Every Day Great Execution (EDGE) will be the priority initiative in delivering our Route to Consumer ambition. The role will be accountable for delivering improved outlet execution performance leading to improved market share and NSV delivery.
This role will provide candidates with an opportunity to be at the forefront in leading improved outlet execution and ultimately business performance; enabling Diageo to be a World Class Sales organization.
Although it is a global role, the role will focus on delivery in the African region.
- Financial: This role does not have direct P&L responsibility; but will be instrumental in driving NSV and Market Share growth targets as defined with each market. The importance of NSV and market share delivery will be reflected in the targets of this role.
- Market Complexity: The scope of this role is Global with a focus on Africa and will require interfacing with GM’s, Commercial Directors and cross functional stakeholders. As well as an ability to adapt outlet execution transformation to differing Route to Consumer archetypes.
- Leadership Responsibilities
- Win Through Execution by leading the transformation of Outlet Execution with the in-market team. This will be achieved by taking an external lens and setting the bar high for us and our partners. This will cover all aspects of the Outlet Execution framework from leveraging Advanced Analytics to establish segmentation & outlet standards, to ensuring the right technology is in place to drive this transformation to utilizing insights to understand outlet execution performance and ultimately deliver improved top line growth and market share.
- Shape the Future by enabling i) Market GM’s ii) Market Sales Directors and iii) local teams, to see the opportunity and act boldly to drive change and ensure delivery. This will cover all aspects of the Outlet Execution framework from leveraging Advanced Analytics to establish segmentation & outlet standards, to ensuring the right technology is in place to drive this transformation to supporting
- Act like an owner in demonstrating shared accountability for implementation and holding self and others to the highest standards
Purpose of Role
- Lead, coach and work with the market teams to roll out and embed technology that will deliver objective outlet execution measurement and insights
- Be the catalyst for organisational change, leading to the markets becoming obsessed with winning at the outlet
- Take global thinking and make it locally actionable
- Take local best practice and make it globally applicable
Top 3-5 Accountabilities
- Responsible for driving outlet execution performance improvement in Africa
- Establish with the countries a transformational Outlet Execution strategy and plan that will ensure DIAGEO are best in class globally vs our peer benchmarks and deliver business ambitions
- Provide on-going leadership and coaching (hands on with task) so countries can embed this change
- Be the catalyst for organizational behaviour change, leading to the markets and our partners continually improving their standards, capabilities and business results
- Ensure that the countries are generating Outlet Execution insights to both improve performance but also ensure the “right” outlet execution standards are established
- Work hand in hand with the GM and Commercial Directors to ensure the delivery of the transformation, Outlet Execution KPIs and market share
- Deliver improved outlet execution performance against KPI’s in priority markets based on improved measurement and insight generation
Qualifications And Experience Required
- A proven sales leader (min 8 years) who has led a high performance, sizeable sales organization. A heavy hitter who has delivered strong performance (market share) through improvements at outlet execution.
- Expertise in Field Sales Management, Customer Management and Distributor Management in US a requirement; Customer Marketing an added benefit
- Experience in an above market regional or global role that has required working with local in market teams to deliver a transformation program
- Advanced Commercial acumen and a problem solver; restless & agile – lives and breathes implementation
- Ability to impact and influence through the organization from GM thru to front line sales representative
Barriers to Success in Role
- Lack of subject matter expertise or ability to engage and influence the countries and markets in this agenda
- Low levels of stakeholder management, alignment and influencing skills
- Inability to see a clear view of the future end state which will enable us to be benchmarked externally as leading capability
- Lack of drive to be a “change agent”
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Diageo career website on diageo.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com to apply