Our client a fast expanding Oil and Gas Marketer in Africa with strong attributes in creativity and efficiency and world class quality fuel products. They wish to recruit a competent Retail Development Manager to provide excellent Planning, coordination, marketing and growing the retail network sales volumes. She/he will report to the Managing Director in the daily activities so as to achieve the objectives of the Company.
Responsible for Planning, coordination and marketing of the organization’s products with an aim growing the retail network sales volumes to meet corporate objectives and strategic targets by performing the following duties.
Strategic Marketing Role
- Develops, manages and executes area’s marketing plans and programs, both short and long range, to ensure the profit growth and expansion of the company products and services in the regions.
- Implements strategic plans for the areas’ retail sales and marketing by monitoring and ensuring achievement of areas business plan objectives, identifying area market trends and new business opportunities.
- Enhancing customer satisfaction levels within the region and addressing customer complaints;
- Identifies, qualifies and secures business opportunities by cultivating and maintaining mutually beneficial business relationships with current and potential clients.
- Researches, analyzes and monitors financial, technological and demographic factors so that the area’s market opportunities are capitalized on and the effects of competitive activity minimized.
- Prepares marketing activity reports for the Marketing Manager.
- Monitors competitor activity and performance.
Sales Volume Role
- Achieves sales volume objectives as per pre-set targets;
- Achieves gross margin objectives as per pre-set targets;
- Ensuring closure of agreed actions with dealers.
Retail Service Roles
Ensuring adherence to Retail Service Standards;
- Ensuring that the Retail network staff are trained and developed with an aim of improving employee satisfaction and customer excellence.; Ensure all stations are incompliance with HSSE (Health, Safety, Security, Environment) standards and regulations;
- Enforcing of retail stations housekeeping & service standards;
- Enforcing compliance of operational policies & procedures & statutory requirements;
- Adopts the company to the changing business environment by establishing capable change and pioneering inter culture;
- Coordinating and supervising Territory Managers and dealers’ activities in the region;
- Coordinating the issuance and maintenance of company equipment & assets in liaison with engineering team;
- Managing dealerships and other models that operate the retail networks; and
- Coaching and mentoring direct reports to ensure excellent performance & effective succession plan;
- Any other assignment as may be directed by the Marketing Manager.
Academic & Professional Qualifications
- Bachelors’ degree in Marketing, Business Administration or any other relevant field from a recognized institution;
- Masters in Marketing/strategic Management added advantage;
- Qualified member with MSK or CIM
- At least 8 years’ experience in sales & marketing with three (3) years’ experience at management level;
- Experience in oil and gas industry;
- Proven intellectual leadership in managing people, operations and financial resources;
- Proven ability to think strategically and design long term plans;
- People skills
- Leadership skills
- Negotiation skills
- Conflict resolution skills
- Communication skills
- Demonstrated stream of business networks in fuel industry.
Method of Application
Qualified and Interested applicants should send their detailed CV, indicating their current and expected salaries to email@example.com not later than 5.pm 20th April, 2019.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Our client embraces equal opportunity for all