Penda Health is an award-winning private company that is transforming healthcare in Kenya by making extremely high-quality care accessible to every family. Our vision is to be the most trusted healthcare provider in all of Africa. We were ranked as the best healthcare company to work for in Kenya in 2018.
We currently have 300 staff operating 12 branches and treating 200K+ patients per year across Nairobi. By the end of 2020 we will be operating 40 branches with a staff of 800+ and treating close to 1M patients per year. Our 2018 revenues have crossed the USD 1 million mark and are set to triple in 2019.
We have a robust finance department which seeks to scale its capacity in support of a high growth company. We therefore are bringing in a Finance Manager to oversee the day to day operations of the finance department and champion strong financial systems and processes.
Our key need from you is a great team spirit! The Finance team works together in supporting and collaborating with other departments to enable Penda's vision.
- Work for a company that is on a mission to change healthcare across Africa!
- Be a part of the finance team that delivers high quality management information.
- Build effective and efficient financial systems and processes that support a fast-growing organization.
- Oversee the day to day operations of the finance department and ensure other teams are properly supported and enabled.
- Develop an effective management reporting system that generates timely and accurate reports relevant for decision making. Maintain high data integrity.
- Review and monitor performance versus the budget and reach out to teams to offer advice and guidance where need be.
- Review and sign off on key reconciliations on Balance sheet items on a monthly basis and approve all adjustment journals in the ledgers.
- Build strong internal control processes that enable safeguard of Penda's Assets, revenue and resources.
- Regularly review and ensure compliance with statutory and legal requirements and be up to date on any new regulations.
- Always keep Penda updated on what's happening in the finance department and offer cross-departmental support to other teams.
- Be a great manager to your team, a great coach and train them to be superstars at their jobs. Help them grow into other roles including future personal growth plans.
- Continuously identify possible areas of improvement within the department to improve on efficiency. Work with the IT team to roll out new technology when needed.
- Take on big and small projects that will help Penda achieve its vision of being the most trusted healthcare provider in Africa.
We're a fast growing company – get ready for anything!
- Qualified Accountant with 3-5 years working as a Finance Manager.
- Knowledge of Tax regulations.
- A relevant degree from a reputable institution or the equivalent experience.
- Person of high integrity.
- Used ERP systems and has experience of new system implementation is an added advantage.
- Advanced Excel and strong analytical skills.
Salary And Benefits
- Working for a company that has a real chance to revolutionize the healthcare industry
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Medical cover for inpatient and outpatient for your whole family
- Support to invest in your own growth (onsite mini-library of business books, budget for conference and training attendance)
- Great benefits package – including "mandatory" hiking days and fruit salads at the office!
Method of Application
Deadline for applications is April 26th 2019
Candidates will be evaluated on a rolling basis (first to apply is first to be evaluated)
Interested and qualified? Go to Penda Health career website on pendahealth.applytojob.com to apply