Action Network for the Disabled (ANDY) is a National Disabled Persons Organization (DPO) working at all levels of community with the involvement of persons with disabilities to bring about positive change. We were founded by and for children and youth with disabilities in Kenya.
We are looking for a Training Facilitator to coordinate a 2-day Board of Directors training that will be held on 2nd - 3rd May 2019 in Nairobi
The overarching goal is to equip board of Directors with the expertise in providing advice as top-decision-makers, drafting policy and program documents, acquiring knowledge and skills in understanding the context of disability mainstreaming in projects and programs, appraising the quality of the information within the organization, interpreting and synthesizing evidence provided, and packaging it appropriately for use in decision-making.
Duties and Responsibilities
- In partnership with ICE program staff, design the program of a 2-day workshop, including its process and methodology, and detailed guidelines for inputs from workshop participants.
- Bear overall responsibility for facilitating the 2-day workshop, ensuring that it achieves its objective.
- Encourage constructive debates, maximum and participatory dialogue during all sessions
- Lead and provide expert input on specific workshop sessions (Governance and policy approvals within the organization).
- Guide in development of an action plan towards the end of the workshop
- A well-managed and coherent workshop resulting into good strategies in advancing the organization’s initiatives.
- A program for the 2-day workshop in collaboration with ANDY towards a successful facilitation of the workshop.
- Technical advice and support to participants during the workshop.
- Feedback on the whole workshop report drafted by the Rapporteur. Duration of the Task The work will be done for a total of 3 days.
- The facilitator will have 1/2 day to discuss and develop the workshop program and organize session’s coordination, 2 days of workshop facilitation and 1/2 day for feed backing on the rapporteur final report.
Qualification and Experience
- At least three years of experience in facilitating workshops on Board Governance within organizations
- A proof of knowledge on NGO Board regulations on governance issues.
- Proven track record of having worked with Disabled Persons Organizations in Programs Management.
- Fluency in English
Method of Application
Interested candidates are requested to submit their expression of interest containing their profiles/detailed CV quoting their charges, to the email address below not later than Tuesday 23rd April 2019. Attn: Director to; firstname.lastname@example.org