- We do not charge candidates for recruitment and we dissociate ourselves from any entity defrauding candidates. If you need any clarification, email us: email@example.com
Financial Controller at Capital Club East Africa
Posted on: 13 May, 2019
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Hospitality
View All Jobs at Capital Club East Africa
Capital Club East Africa, the first premier exclusive private club in East Africa located in Westlands Nairobi, is looking to fill the following management position:-
RESPONSIBLE FOR: All Company Financial Operations and accounting staff
REPORTS TO: The General Manager with a dotted line to the Chairman – Board of directors.
- A first degree in Finance from a recognized university
- A professional qualification - CPA (K) or ACCA
- 4 years and above hands on experience in a similar senior management position
- A master’s degree will be an added advantage.
- Enthusiastic, warm, energetic and smart with numbers
- Has a business sense and hands on person
- Strong work ethic
- Innovative and impactful
- Attention to detail, commitment to quality and handles criticism well.
- Great management and planning skills
- Team player and excellent leadership skills
- Capable of working long hours
- Can work under pressure
SUMMARY OF DUTIES
- Develop policies to control and coordinate accounting, auditing, budgets, taxes and related activities.
- Records, develops, establishes and administers procedures and systems pertaining to all financial matters.
- Prepare financial statements, forecasts and analyses for all administrative and managerial functions.
- Maintain all accounting records; develop, analyze and interpret statistical and accounting information.
- Evaluate operating results in terms of costs, revenues, budgets, policies of operation, trends and increased profit possibilities.
- Supervise the staffing, scheduling, training and professional development of department members.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
- Directs financial operations of the club.
- Formulates, receives and recommends policy proposals for approval relating to accounting and auditing, the budget, revenue and cost control procedures, preparation and payment of payrolls, tax matters, compilation of statistics and office methods and procedures.
- Directs or prepares the monthly trial balance and resulting financial statements for the club, including the income statement, balance sheet and statement of changes in financial condition, along with required supporting schedules and other data necessary for financial reports and records.
- Manages and conducts internal auditing programs to help ensure that records are accurately maintained and that established policies and practices are satisfactorily and consistently followed.
- Prepares operating budgets and financial forecasts in coordination with the various committees, departments and general manager; analyzes financial information, monitors budgeted versus actual expenditures and advises management about variances and their potential causes; recommends corrective actions to help assure that budget goals are met.
- Works with the club’s external auditors to ensure that procedures are consistent with club policies.
- Directs, participates in and verifies the taking of inventories for beverages, food, supplies, equipment, furnishings and other club assets.
- Verifies that all general insurance records are properly maintained.
- Reconciles monthly ledgers including receivables, payables, bank accounts, asset accounts and wage accounts.
- Informs and advises other department heads about the financial aspects of their responsibilities.
- Prepares or supervises preparation of applicable local tax returns.
- Prepares accounting reports as necessary and appropriate for dissemination to the board of directors, executive committee and other club committees.
- Monitors to ensure that procedures for effective receiving and storeroom control are in place and consistently used.
- Selects, trains, supervises, schedules and evaluates accounting staff.
- Negotiates and maintains contracts for maintenance of computers and all office equipment.
- Attends monthly or other meetings as required.
- Oversees member billing and collection procedures.
- Compiles, approves and maintains credit applications for vendors.
- Maintains fixed asset ledgers and prepares depreciation schedules for monthly entries.
- Manages assigned projects as they relate to the department and club’s needs.
- Audits members and guests’ charges; checks cash sheets to ensure that all receipts for member’s accounts have been posted.
- Audits all cash and charge expenditures.
- Safeguards all funds in bank accounts; ensures that revenues are properly and correctly deposited and supervises the drawing of all cheques.
- Come up with an investment program; invests all excess funds on a timely basis to provide better cash flow.
- Monitors collection of past due accounts, advises general manager and board when difficult situations may arise.
- Plans professional development and training activities for staff.
- Interacts with the club’s auditors when necessary
- Monitors accounts receivable and takes action according to established club policies and procedures.
- Prepares a full report of the year’s financial operations for presentation at the annual meeting.
- Works with the general manager and department heads to plan and manage capital budgets and cash flow statements.
- Maintains necessary procedures for confidentiality relating to club.
Cost controller; Accounts Receivable; Accounts Payable; Cashiers; Purchasing manager and Stores Supervisor.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Capital Club East Africa career website on www.linkedin.com to apply
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Capital Club East AfricaSimilar Jobs
- Business Development Executive at Impala Club Kenya
- Finance and Administration Manager at Impala Club Kenya
- Facilities Supervisor at Impala Club
- Franchised Executive Chef at Marriott
- Lady in Red at Villa Rosa Kempinski
- Job Openings at Lavington Hotel