Airtel Africa Limited is a pan-African telecommunications company with operations in 14 countries across Africa. Airtel Africa is driven by the vision of providing affordable and innovative mobile services to all and is supported in pursuing this vision by its largest shareholder, Bharti Airtel. Its product offerings include 2G, 3G and 4G wireless voice and data services and mobile commerce through ‘Airtel Money’. Airtel Africa had over 97 million customers across its operations at the end of December 2018.
The Head Legal Operations will be responsible of the digital transformation of the legal function and to lead the department’s transition to legal workflow technologies, project-management of legal operations and to drive a cost effective-budget savvy legal function.
In so doing, the Head Legal Operations is expected to closely work with all business stakeholders and to be part of cross functional teams (including Finance, HR, IT, SCM and Regulatory) which are responsible to deliver on corporate initiatives.
This will include collaboration, coordination and communication with the relevant heads of functions and their teams and the production of associated metrics and reports.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Design and drive legal operations strategy, objectives, KPIs, legal department budget and spend control.
- Identify and roll out innovation and technologies for a cost savvy yet more efficient legal department.
- Implement onboarding and off boarding process for outside counsels and third party vendors, monitor related usage and expenses, conduct benchmark and periodic assessment of related performance and value for service.
- Optimize and automate in-house counsel’s administrative tasks to streamline workload and improve delivery ratios.
- Drive Information and Knowledge management and relevant policies, develop tools and metrics to measure programs and processes implementation.
- Set up Airtel legal community online platform for training, best practices, collaborative tools, and resources sharing and expand to the large business community as relevant.
- Analyze data to identify improvement and efficiency opportunities in respect of Compliance, Litigation, Risks, Human Resources, Data Management, Corporate Governance, Ethics and Contract.
- French speaker (proficient or some knowledge that can be leveraged on, in a professional context)
- High degree of competence in Microsoft Word and other relevant software (Power Point & Excel, Document management systems and databases)
- Ability to work under pressure and as part of a multicultural team and remain focused
- Ability to participate in multi-dimensional environment (finance, legal, IT) and to contribute to cross functional teams with superior attention to details.
- Strong ability to engage functional directors and drive meaningful conversation around projects, budget, resources required etc.
- Team oriented and initiative driven
- Able to communicate (written and verbal) very effectively and clearly in a multi-cultural environment
- Builds credibility and strong relationships with internal stakeholders
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Airtel career website on www.linkedin.com to apply