L’Albero della Vita, ensuring children’s wellbeing means creating opportunities for a decent, full and satisfactory life: in other words, offering them a proper nutrition, personal and medical care, age-appropriate leisure, social and sports activities, as well as the chance of freely nurturing their most intimate aspirations. L’Albero della Vita Foundation operates in Italy, Europe and in several developing countries including Kenya where the intervention is focused on protection of vulnerable minors in conflict with the law.
L’Albero della Vita Foundation is looking for a project manager/coordinator for his office in Nairobi. In particular he/she will be responsible for managing and coordinating the project AID 011509, “APRIRE: Affido Prevenzione Riabilitazione e Reintegro per un futuro ai minori vulnerabili in Kenya” in order to implement foster care in Nairobi and Nakuru counties and reinforce the child protection program in Nairobi.
Reporting to: Coordinator of Child Protection and Country
Type of Appointment: six months starting from May 2019
Duties and Responsibilities:
Supervise and support the implementation of the project AID 011509 “APRIRE” in Nairobi and Nakuru counties.
- monitoring of the activities and budget;
- management of relations with local counterparts, implementing partners, stakeholders at government level and the main institutional players involved in the implementation of the project;
- production of regular documentation, narrative and financial reporting to be transmitted to the Milan HQ, in line with the internal procedures of the organization and with those of the donor (AICS);
- administrative management of the project in all its contractual, accounting, logistic and financial aspects, in collaboration with local staff and the Milan HQ, including processing / checking of first notes, financial reports, planning and control of expenses, procedures of purchase;
- if necessary, processing of variants and requests for extension;
- management of relations with the AICS HQ in Nairobi, Kenya;
- management of all communication activities and visibility on site;
- within the project providing Child Protection technical consultancy under the aspects of competence and design of FADV in Kenya;
- representation of L’Albero della Vita Foundation in meetings and coordination in Kenya relating to the sector of Child Protection;
- strengthening of local networking, increase and management of contacts with different stakeholders, especially local institutions and other International Organizations in Kenya;
- strengthening of the positioning of FADV in Kenya in the Alternative Care sector;
- identification of new financing opportunities and support in the conception and writing of new projects in the sector of Child Protection in order to guarantee the coverage of the co-financing paid by the L'Albero della Vita Foundation and the strengthening of the current program;
- carrying out other specific tasks assigned by the Milan HQ.
To be successful in this role you must have:
- At least 3 years’ experience in international cooperation NGO with experience in developing collaborative partnerships, managing child protection-sector projects funded by institutional donors, a good understanding of AICS compliance as well as experience in collaborating with and supporting international/local partner organizations;
- a strong understanding and commitment to child protection, principles, instruments, frameworks and protocols is essential to this role as is experience of working with governmental institutes and in general the reintegration system;
- excellent organizational skills, with ability to determine priorities and pay attention to detail, ability to work in a multicultural context as a flexible and respectful team player;
- excellent written and spoken Italian and English required;
- proficient in using MS Office;
- previous experience in Kenya and Saarian South Africa, in particular in child protection sector, desired.
Fondazione L’Albero della vita onlus, Data Controller, with registered office in Via Vittor Pisani 13, 20124 Milan, uses the data concerning it exclusively for carrying out the research, selection and evaluation of personnel. Your data will not be disclosed to third parties and, in case of non-acceptance, will be kept for a maximum period of 6 months, subject to your request for early cancellation (opt-out).
Method of Application
For further information and to apply please forward your CV to: email@example.com
Please mention the position applying for in subject field of the email.
Due to high number of applications, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.