Airtel Africa Limited is a pan-African telecommunications company with operations in 14 countries across Africa. Airtel Africa is driven by the vision of providing affordable and innovative mobile services to all and is supported in pursuing this vision by its largest shareholder, Bharti Airtel. Its product offerings include 2G, 3G and 4G wireless voice and data services and mobile commerce through ‘Airtel Money’. Airtel Africa had over 97 million customers across its operations at the end of December 2018.
Airtel Kenya is recruiting for the position of Head of Corporate Sales, within the Enterprise Division. This role will report to the Enterprise & Wholesale Business Director.
Managing a high value business segment and accounts and responsible for overall segment strategy and management, the key responsibilities for this role shall include:
- Sales targets: Meet and exceed agreed sales & profitability targets for the corporate sales segment
- Business Development: Detailed segment planning to grow market and wallet share across different verticals including banking & financial services industry, manufacturing sector, services industry and non-governmental organizations based on thorough understanding of customer overall strategy, ICT roadmap and business drivers. Ensure maximum customer contact, exposure and engagement
- Planning & forecasting: Plan and prepare sales forecasts, targets and action plans and oversee the execution and delivery of the same, fully understanding customer buying cycles and mapping that to the sales process to manage business opportunities and sales pipelines
- Revenue Management: Protect and grow baseline segment revenues through quality acquisitions, usage stimulation and churn containment working closely with relationship managers. Support collection and recovery efforts from segment accounts to avoid bad debt costs
- Customer Delight: Develop and maintain mutually beneficial multi-level multi-functional long term relationships (CEO, CFO, CIO, Business Unit Leaders) with existing, new and potential customers as well as provide inputs to improve customer satisfaction indices
- Market Intelligence: Track and maintain competitor activity and highlight key items for action
- Reports: Provide required sales and segment report inputs at defined frequency and quality
- People: Manage the corporate accounts sales team maintaining a high performance culture
- Compliance: Adherence to established processes, work ways, policies and business practices
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related discipline. Professional memberships and accreditations an added advantage
- 6-8 years experience in sales management handling high value business accounts, strategic business relationships and top dollar business opportunities
- Working experience in Telecoms/ICT/ISP and solid understanding of current and emerging business services and solutions, as well as the complex IT environment large organizations operate in
- Knowledge of creating business solutions for customers based on the customer business plans, needs and priorities as opposed to a company’s product offering
- Proven track record in consultative selling, business consulting and development
- Ability to project a strong positive image of self and company
- Sound business and commercial acumen
- Commitment to value based leadership
- Well networked
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to apply for the role by sending an application letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. State the name of the vacancy on the email subject.
Deadline for applications is 22nd May 2019.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.