SGL is active in the following three business areas:
- Business Area 1: Consultancy acquisition and management – acquisition of projects tendered out by international and national donors
- Business Area 2: Compliance and operational support services - administrative, financial and logistic ‘outsourcing services’ to overseas organizations implementing projects in Kenya and Uganda to facilitate that they stay compliant with local legislation
- Business Area 3: Shiriki House Office Community - provision of shared office facilities to likeminded companies, projects and NGOs working in similar fields as SGL.
As part of its growth and organizational consolidation strategy, SGL is investing in strengthening our management and knowledge systems to ensure that they are top-of-the-art and can underpin our rapid growth.
OBJECTIVE AND SCOPE
Knowledge management is the process of creating, sharing, using and managing the knowledge and information of an organisation. It refers to a multidisciplinary approach to achieving organisational objectives by making the best use of knowledge. SGL’s Business Areas 1 and 2 are very knowledge intensive, and the efficiency and quality of application of knowledge accumulated is critical for achieving our desired growth. It is therefore of utmost importance that SGL sets up strong systems to manage the knowledge already created and efficiently absorb the knowledge that we will generate in the future.
SGL is seeking the services of a Knowledge Management (KM) Officer to assist us in improving and implementing our Knowledge Management processes (creating, sharing, using and managing).
The major task of the KM Officer will be to support the implementation of the existing knowledge management strategy, preparation of action plans for system improvements and implementation of priority activities. The following tasks reflect the priority activities of our current KM strategy:
- Document Management System
- Support systematization of naming and coding of documents and other files
- Maintain Help Desk function to staff of systematic naming and saving of files
- Support capacity development and coaching to facilitate shift from DropBox to SharePoint
- Design and management of databases to efficiently identify experts, project references and collaborating/competing organizations.
- Assist SGL management to build suitable database management system and support implementation
- Act as liaison officer with potential consultants for the development of a tailor-made database system
- Facilitate capacity development and coaching of staff on the application of the database management system
- Compile information to feed into the competitors/collaborator database.
- Communication and marketing to position SGL in relation to potential new staff, project experts, partners, and donors in all three Business Areas.
- Support SGL social media and website presence and content including Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook
- Support the development of a practical/pragmatic communication strategy and action plan in line with SGL ambitions and resources
- Tracking progress
- Monitor implementation of the KM strategy (systems, databases, communication)
- Tracking change of staff´s adherence to KM procedures
- Monitor impact of adopting the KM strategy
- Advice and provide backstopping on potential project management software, Human Resources Management Software, and other software that might be useful for SGL
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
Minimum a Bachelor degree in Communication, Information Technology, Computer Science, or other related disciplines.
At least 4 years of experience in Knowledge Management.
- Excellent English writing and editing skills (writing test may be required).
- Knowledgeable about state of the art on knowledge management strategies.
- Strong familiarity with and being passionate about peer learning, knowledge sharing, and development issues.
- Hands-on, extensive experience of working on social media projects and/or facilitation of online communities.
- Ability to gather and organize information and resources, compile data, and to synthesize knowledge from diverse sources of information.
- Advanced computer skills, including Word, Access, Excel and Power Point and database management tools.
- Experience with programming and database management systems.
- Experience working in a user support function and designing and delivering training as well as experience with SharePoint sites are considered distinctive advantages.
- Self-motivated, high performance standards for self, team player, strong client skills.
Email application to email@example.com by 20th May, 2019
- Attach your latest CV (max 2 pages)
- Attach a motivated statement indicating (max 1 page):
- Your analysis of why effective knowledge management is important for a consultancy company working in international development
- Why you’re applying –your ambitions, what particularly interests you about the job
- What makes you suitable – such as your experience, skills, or achievements
- Applications that dnot meet the above CV and motivated statement page limitations and content requirements will automatically be rejected without further review
Only qualified candidates will be contacted for interview and application tests
Check us out on www.sustainetgroup.com