Imagine a world in which every young person across Africa attends a school that truly sets them up for success in the 21st century. A school that cares about individual students and allows them to explore the world around them. A school that focuses more on developing skills than on memorizing content. At Nova Pioneer, we have done more than just imagine this future, we are bringing it to life. Nova Pioneer is a pan-African, independent network of schools offering high quality, accessible education from Pre-primary through Secondary school. Nova Pioneer uses a unique, inquiry-based learning approach that encourages students to ask "why" instead of telling them the "what". It allows them to form their own thinking through exploration, investigation, and collaboration. Learn more about our learning approach here. Nova Pioneer currently has 10 schools in South Africa and Kenya with a vision to launch 100 schools and reach tens of thousands of students across the African continent in the next decade. To learn more visit www.novapioneer.com.
Nova Pioneer is looking for superstar Security Guards for our Tatu City Campus. This is an opportunity to be a part of an innovative network of schools that is developing generations of innovators and leaders who shape the African Century.
About The Role
- Control of entrances and movement of pedestrian and vehicle traffic.
- Visitor reception and processing.
- Badge management.
- Visitor escort and supervision (eg contractors).
- Vehicle registration.
- Person/vehicle/property searching and contraband detection.
- Patrolling of buildings and perimeters to detect and deter.
- Ensuring adherence to badge wearing policy.
- *Equipment serviceability inspections.
- *Health and safety monitoring and rectification of hazards.
- Fire prevention, detection and first response.
- Enforcing the enterprise's security policy.
- Inspection of security and fire exposures.
- CCTV and control room operation*
- Incident reporting (Written and computerized reports)
- Interviewing and evidence collection.
- Response, including emergency response and coordination.
- Evicting undesirable persons from the site.
- Responding to criminal acts by employees.
- Responding to criminal acts by outsiders.
- Apprehension and temporary detention of suspects.
- Dealing with disturbed people, including physical restraint.
- Providing training and awareness.
- Key control and locking up.
- Lost property management.
- Administering first aid.
- Maintaining on-site traffic discipline.
- Protecting the site against site invasion and occupation.
- Securing facilities and protecting the workforce during protest activity.
- Evacuating personnel in an emergency.
- Emergency call-out.
- *Emergency response to employees in distress while off-site.
- *Special assignments.
Conduct of Security Officers When on Duty.
- Non-familiarity, non-fraternisation and no unnecessary conversation with persons while on duty. No favouritism and constant vigilance.
- Officers should maintain a *military bearing yet be customer friendly. Their dress and deportment will be appropriate.
- Smoking and eating on duty should be prohibited.
- No conversations with, or statements, to the media.
- Rules must be enforced diplomatically.
- The employer's uniform shall not be worn without authorization.
- Any criminal conviction will be promptly reported to the employer.
- Officers will not leave their post until/unless properly relieved.
- When handing over a post, officers will brief their relief fully.
Do's & Don'ts
- Do not act or imagine as if you have the powers of a police officer.
- Do not criticize management or its decisions; they may be repeated to your detriment.
- Do not gossip about security issues.
- Do not expect, solicit, or expect favors.
- Do not show favouritism, allow privileges or relax the rules in respect of anyone.
- Do not lose your temper under provocation.
- Do not use obscene or abusive language.
- Do not let yourself become bored to the detriment of your performance.
- Do not act the hero in life safety situations where the danger to you is significant.
- Do remember that the image you project is all important in earning respect for you and for the security function.
- Do always remember that goodwill is an important element in your relationships.
- Do study your company's rules until you are completely familiar with them.
- Consider your job and how you should behave in foreseeable circumstances.
- Take notice of everything that occurs of a routine nature on your assignment, so that you can quickly identify the abnormal.
- Learn from the mistakes and misfortunes of others.
- Remember that your employer's interests are all important provided they are pursued within the law.
- Never give mistaken loyalty to a colleague who is behaving badly.
Skills and Qualifications required:
- You have a High School Diploma (KSCE) certificate.
- You have 1+ Years Proven work experience as a security guard or relevant position in a reputable Security Firm or a fast-paced organization
- You have a proven track record of holding yourself and your teammates to high standards of operational excellence.
- You have excellent communication and relationship-building skills.
- You are a thoughtful planner able to multi-task, prioritize effectively, take initiative, and deliver for many stakeholders in a fast-paced environment.
- You are proactive, creative, and measured problem-solver. You have the ability to quickly and calmly identify and analyze problems and to recommend or implement effective solutions.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Nova Pioneer career website on novaacademies.applytojob.com to apply