UNOPS mission is to help people build better lives and countries achieve sustainable development.UNOPS supports partners in the implementation of approximately 1,000 projects, which range from managing the construction of roads in South Sudan and providing renewable energy solutions in internally displaced persons camps in the Kurdistan Region of Iraq, to helping the Government of Honduras procure vital medicines and medical supplies, UNOPS works closely with governments and communities to ensure increased economic, social and environmental sustainability for the projects it supports.
Duty station: Copenhagen, Denmark
Application deadline: 02/06/2019
Background Information - Job-specific
The mission of the People and Change Group (PCG) is to empower effective leadership and high-performing talent and to enable business transformation through change management,pursuit of organizational excellence and a culture of innovation. We have a solid team of experienced professionals with strategic HR management, organizational design, change management expertise – all of us having a passion for achieving results and building innovation into our way of doing business. To get the job done, we are structured into 2 work streams: People and Change.
The Human Resources Specialist will contribute to, and shape the work of the People Stream, comprised of talent management, learning, outreach and policy.
Function / Expected Results – contribution to HR practice and strategy implementation
This is an opportunity to shape UNOPS global approach to talent management and performance management. We are looking for an HR Specialist to work in talent management, with solid experience and expertise in
Performance Management and
at least one of the following areas:
- Career Development and Career Development support
- Talent management and succession planning
- International HR Management
This is an important role for PCG, in supporting its mission and strategy. The role has a global scope and will play a key role in shaping UNOPS HR practices, and moving performance management and its approach to career development to the next level.
Under the overall supervision of the Head of Talent Management, the main functional responsibilities will include:
Individual performance management
- Taking ownership of the performance management process design and management in UNOPS
- Pro-actively lead activities around performance planning and evaluation advice, incl. performance management mediation
- Design and lead progressive initiatives around capacity building of global workforce, incl. design, planning and facilitation of thematic training/ workshops.
- Provide communication material and design campaigns around Performance management
- Acting as a pro-active subject matter expert for senior management and other relevant stakeholders
- Career Development
- Pro-actively shape the organizations approach to career development.
- Closely works with relevant stakeholders to ensure career development tools/practices are aligned with organisational needs.
- Lead the development of relevant training opportunities and programmes in close collaboration with the learning team.
- Design, implements and oversees programmes aimed to support the career development of specific groups of personnel, e.g. national personnel.
- Lead the development of progressive and state of the art career development tools and practices.
- Actively drive the implementation of best practices in these areas, at a global scale.
- Provides individual career development support.
Talent management and succession planning
- Contribute to shaping organisational approaches for talent management.
- Contribute with the state of the art tools/practices for enhancing current talent management approaches.
- Provide sound advice to senior management and other relevant stakeholders
- An advanced degree in human resources, management, learning and development, communications, business studies or international affairs or a related field, with additional minimum five (5) years of relevant working experience.
- Candidates with seven (7) years of professional experience, and a bachelors degree, in lieu of an advanced degree, may be considered.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in Human Resources related areas such as Performance Management, Career Development, Talent Management, HR Policy, Recruitment, or a combination of the above is required.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience working in an international environment or international organization is desirable.
- Demonstrated expertise in Individual performance management is required.
- Practical experience in capacity development in the area of Performance Management is highly desirable.
- Experience in the area of Career Development is a distinct advantage.
- Practical experience in conceptualizing new approaches and innovation in the area of Human Resources, ideally on a global scale, is desirable.
- Practical experience in designing programmes and training material is an asset.
- Experience with state of the art Performance Management approaches is an asset.
- Performance-based rewards and recognition system experience is an asset.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to UNOPS career website on jobs.unops.org to apply