The Advans Group is a leading international microfinance group, currently serving clients in nine countries: Cambodia, Cameroon, Ghana, Democratic Republic of Congo, Cote d'Ivoire, Pakistan, Nigeria, Tunisia and Myanmar.
We are looking for Loan Officers to receive, evaluate and approve loan applications for people and businesses. The Loan Officers will act as liaison between customers and our financial institution and they will help qualified applicants acquire loans in a timely manner.
Advans Microfinance is a leading international microfinance group established in 2005. We respond to the need for financial services of small businesses and other populations who have ill–adapted, limited or no access to formal financial services through providing tailored financial services in a sustainable and responsible manner. Our goal is to build a group of financial institutions which contributes to the strengthening of local businesses, creating and sustaining jobs and improving peoples’ living standards in order to foster private sector–led economic and social development.
- Appraise clients and vet loan applications for disbursement purposes.
- Identify and develop groups of clients and group leaders in assigned areas.
- Evaluate credit worthiness by processing loan applications and documentation within specified limits
- Interview applicants to determine financial eligibility and feasibility of granting loans
- Determine all applicable ratios and metrics and set up debt payment plans
- Communicate with clients either to request or to provide information
- Justify decisions (approvals/rejections) and report on them
- Complete loan contracts and counsel clients on policies and restrictions
- Update job knowledge on types of loans and other financial services
- Maintain and update account records
- Assess customer needs, explore all options and introduce different types of loans
- Develop referral networks, suggest alternate channels and cross-sell products and services to accomplish quotas
- To build trust relationships, customer loyalty and satisfaction throughout the underwriting process.
- Operate in compliance with laws and regulations and adhere to lending compliance guidelines
Job qualifications & requirements:
- BS degree in Business administration, cooperative management, finance, economics or a related field
- Proven working experience as a loan officer/credit officer/finance assistant/accountant or similar capacity
- At least 3 years working experience in a similar role
- Familiarity with computers applications/software
- Solid understanding of direct/indirect lending products and practices
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Customer satisfaction orientation and sales competencies
- Ability to work in a goal oriented environment
Method of Application
Qualified applicants should submit their updated CV and cover letter to:
Please indicate on the subject line the position of “Loan Officer”
Deadline for submitting the application is on 10th June 2019. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.