Safaricom is the leading provider of converged communication solutions in Kenya. In addition to providing a broad range of first-class products and services for Telephony, Broadband Internet and Financial services, Safaricom seeks to uplift the welfare of Kenyans through value-added services and support for community projects. With over 29 Million subscribers and an estimated market share of 67%, the Company has the widest modern mobile network coverage in Kenya and prides in its experienced shareholders, attractive tariffs, a nationwide network of effective dealers, high caliber staff and management enabling it to maintain its position as the region’s mobile market leader.
We are pleased to announce the following vacancy in Large Enterprise & Public Sector Department within the Enterprise Business Unit. In keeping with our current business needs, we are looking for a person who meets the criteria indicated below.
Reporting to the Sector Manager - Large Enterprise & Public Sector, the position holder will be responsible for Strategic Accounts (TML-Target Market List) within Multinational Corporation (MNC)/VGE vertical and will be to drive and achieve revenue targets through solution selling and segment propositions.
- Identify growth prospects (New/Up-sell/Cross-Sell) within the TML
- Drive identification and adoption of relevant segment propositions
- Device strategic plans for Relationship penetration and ensure implementation of tactical plans including pipeline management.
- Proactive Relationship performance management and tracking
- Grow Solution Sales within assigned TML; through acquisition and penetration.
- Provide thought leadership and Insights from customers engagement
- Develop and execute customer ring fencing strategies
- Stimulate existing prepositions within assigned TML
- Develop strong relationships at CXO and wider Buying Centers to understand mid-to-long term customer objectives.
- Churn Management
- Contract Management: Follow up on all existing contracts & renewal.
- Provide insight into the refinement of customer journey processes
- Timely response to customer correspondence
- Flag potential escalations timeously
- Formulate and manage customer relationship through up-to-date Account Development Plans.
- Leverage company assets (events & activities) to nature relationship with key stakeholders (CXO & Buying Centre).
- Manage reporting cycles (daily, weekly, and monthly).
- Strict adherence on use of CRM (SFA) systems for progressing customer orders and reporting.
- Maintaining strong and deep relationships with accounts under direct management
- Follow through on all customer issues until closure.
- Maintaining communication with the customer throughout the entire customer journey.
- Degree in Commerce/ ICT or a business related;
- Work experience of at-least 4 years preferably in an Telecommunications environment;
- At least 3 years work experience in a multinational account management role;
- Knowledge/ Work experience in ICT will be an added advantage;
- Possesses successful regional and or global accounts/enterprise solution sales experience.
- Demonstrate ability to influence at C-level
- Experience working within an international and distributed team will be an added advantage
- Ability to deliver results and meet and surpass targets;
- New business development skills.
- Be commercially savvy with a deep understanding and demonstration of solution selling.
As part of the interview process external candidates should prepare the following documentation which will be required at a later stage based on your performance in the interviews.
- An updated CV with contacts of three referees, 2 who must be professional and must have supervised you at some point, the other referee can be a colleague in the same professional field.
- Kenyan Certificate of Good Conduct (Less than 1 year old) or a receipt of the same from the CID pending release of the hardcopy document.
- Clearance certificate from a reputable Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
- University Degree Certificate/ Letter of Completion from University in case you have not received your degree certificate.
- Copy of your National ID/Passport
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Safaricom Kenya career website on safaricom.taleo.net to apply