The ideal candidate will be a Kenyan citizen who has the following:
Professional Qualifications and Experience
A degree or diploma in Sales and Marketing, or its equivalent
4 years’ experience and above
Knowledge in Technical Areas (experience);
Key Duties and deliverables:
- Prospect for potential new clients and turn this into increased business for the Club by identifying potential clients and the decision makers within the client organization.
- Meet monthly, quarterly and annual sales targets as agreed in the KPIs
- Sell events including hiring of grounds for sports activities, team building activities, and other social events, and ensure that the club’s facilities are frequently hired out against laid out targets
- Lead the club brand visibility through a robust and interactive website, and other relevant social media tools and avenues
- Support membership recruitment drives to meet set targets on various categories including corporates, alumni’s, and general membership
- Work closely with membership to achieve regular communication to members to optimize on club patronage.
- Work closely with F&B as the main link of communication regarding key social events like club nights, theme nights, sports tournaments, and other activities in order to achieve high levels of participation and patronage.
- Attend industry functions, such as association events and conferences, and provide feedback and information on market and creative trends.
- Present to and consult with mid and senior level management on business trends with a view to developing new services, products, and distribution channels.
- Identify opportunities for campaigns, services, and distribution channels that will lead to an increase in sales.
- Submit weekly, monthly, and quarterly sales reports, ensuring that the data and information captured is accurate.
- Conduct quarterly reviews/surveys to collect members feedback regarding the club’s products and services, collate the same and present to management for relevant action.
- Benchmark against other members’ clubs on trends and best business practice, and present proposals for improvement of products and services
- Research and build relationships with new clients.
- Set up meetings between client decision makers and Club’s top management.
- Other duty as may be assigned from time to time.
The Business Development Executive will report to the General Manager.
Competencies & Interpersonal Skills
- Networking skills
- Selling skills, and ability to communicate effectively.
- Outgoing, curious and creative
- Digital marketing savvy
- Highly energetic and able to interact with
- Courage to face rejection without fear of making repeat sales
- Good Inter-Personal Skills, and ease of team work
- Prospecting skills, and proven record of meeting sales targets
DISCLAIMER CLAUSE: The job description is not the exhaustive list of the skills, efforts, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
If you believe you have what it takes to handle this challenging position, kindly and urgently apply via email to email@example.com
When applying, kindly remember to submit one file containing your Application Letter, and detailed CV
Kindly also indicate details of your current and expected salary, names & addresses of 3 referees, current and previous employers, roles and responsibilities handled to date, together with your telephone contacts. Original Certificates and copies of the same will be presented by those invited for interviews.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted for further consideration
Date of Advertisement: 15th May 2019 Deadline: 29th May 2019
Please send one application to avoid disqualification.
Only applications sent for this specific vacancy will be considered
Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.