Andela is a network of technology leaders dedicated to advancing human potential. We help companies build high-performing distributed engineering teams by investing in Africa’s most talented software developers. Based in NYC, SF, Lagos, Nairobi, and Kampala, Andela is catalyzing the growth of tech ecosystems across the African continent while solving the global technical talent shortage.
About The Role
The Recruiting Operations Associate will be responsible for efficiently and effectively completing all the Recruiting administration process, including interview scheduling, conducting interviews for entry-level roles, vendor management, conducting research and market mapping, and initiation of background screening
Roles And Responsibilities
Sourcing and Selection.
- Support the Recruiting team in broadcasting jobs in various sites and on the Andela website.
- Provide selection administrative support, as required Eg drafting the interview schedules, interview summary reports.
- Scheduling interviews and assessments, coordinating candidates, hiring managers and interviewers.
- Timely booking of rooms and ensuring that the environment is conducive for interviews.
- Ensuring that the hiring managers and interviews and physical access to spaces.
- End to end recruitment of all hires at Support, Intern, Associate I and Associate II level.
- Preparing contracts and issuing non-disclosure agreements, (NDAs) and consent letters for third parties for all the hires.
- Ensuring that hiring manager and candidate experience feedback forms are getting a response.
- Working closely with the Country Head on the Analysis of the responses from the hiring manager and candidate experience.
- Effectively managing routine tasks and fast-tracking transactions.
- Working closely with the Core People team to manage relocation aspects. Eg work permit processing.
- Kick-starting the work permit discussions with People Department.
- Ensuring that the candidates provide all the necessary documentation for background checks.
- Develop relationships with the Recruiting team so as to have an efficient support system.
- Develop relationships with Directors and Unit heads for ease of coordination during the hiring process.
- Have a good working relationship with the vendors ensuring Andela issues are fast tracked.
- Effectively managing general queries from candidates, line managers, vendors and team members. Identifying the root causes and directing to the appropriate channels.
Reporting and System Management
- Effective and efficient use of GreenHouse to manage the end to end Recruiting Process recording all relevant information.
- Reviewing dashboards and other reports to identify any actions necessary for system housekeeping or compliance requirements for the roles he/she is handling.
- Tracking and escalating any risk issues identified eg Blacklisted candidates, candidate issues that may result to reputation damage.
- Submitting reports as required and ensuring that all trackers are up to date. Eg Contract trackers, background checks trackers.
- Ensuring all vendor contracts are maintained in line with Andela Policies.
- Coordinate quarterly vendor meetings.
- Constantly updating the Recruiting Manager on the vendor issues arising.
- Coordinating payment of invoices by finance by confirming the invoices received.
Research and Market Mapping
- Work closely with the Recruiting Manager to identify accurate market map information.
- Assisting in market research for the top talent in anticipation of future hiring needs.
- Taking part in research to improve our processes in Recruiting as we strive to achieve world-class recruitment practices.
- Assist in building data points to understand the Tech industry better on the various aspects that could influence the Recruiting process.
- Prepare bi-weekly slides for the All staff meeting.
- Recruiting team projects point of contact.
- Participation in evangelism when the need arises.
- Working closely with all sub-functions of the recruiting team and actively participates in their initiatives.
- Coming up with initiatives that could improve the candidate and hiring manager experience in Andela.
- Passion for recruitment.
- Keen interest in research.
- Have a proven track record of excellence.
- At least 2 years in a HR, Talent or Recruitment related role in an established organisation.
- Understanding of the recruitment cycle.
- Degree or Diploma in a business related field from a recognized institution.
- Keen eye on detail, organisational and project management skills.
- Superior data analysis capabilities.
- Ability to create and nurture relationships.
- A qualification in HR would be an added advantage.
EPIC Values Alignment
Demonstrable commitment to the learning & development of people and technology
The ability to learn new things fast enough to amaze your friends and family
If the above sounds like an exciting role to you, please tell us why you believe you’re a good fit and we’ll be in touch.
Benefits & Compensation
- Full-time compensation
- Full medical coverage
- Breakfast, lunch and snacks provided daily
- Beautiful working environment
- Opportunity to work with the brightest minds on the planet
- Oh, and a chance to change the world!
At Andela, we outcompete through diversity. We know that our strengths lies in the multiplicity of talents, perspectives, backgrounds & orientations resident in our community and we take pride in that. Andela is committed to a work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. Each individual has the right to work in a professional atmosphere that promotes equal employment opportunities and prohibits discriminatory practices. Andela provides equal employment opportunities and workplace to all employees and applicants without regard to factors including but not limited to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy (including breastfeeding), genetic information, HIV/AIDS or any other medical status, family or parental status, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. This commitment applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Our policies expressly prohibit any form of harassment and/or discrimination as stated above.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Andela career website on www.linkedin.com to apply