IDC is the premier global provider of market intelligence, advisory services, and events for the information technology, telecommunications, and consumer technology markets. IDC helps IT professionals, business executives, and the investment community make fact-based decisions on technology purchases and business strategy. More than 1,100 IDC analysts provide global, regional, and local expertise on technology and industry opportunities and trends in over 110 countries worldwide. For 50 years IDC has provided strategic insights to help our clients achieve their key business objectives. IDC’s Insights businesses provide industry-focused advice for IT buyers in the Financial, Government, Health, Retail, Manufacturing and Energy verticals. IDC is a subsidiary of IDG, the world's leading technology media, research, and events company.
IDC Kenya is looking for a Senior Research Analyst - Telecom Sector Sub-Saharan Africa to support IDC's expanding business in Middle East and Africa. Join IDC's regional HQ and work with an international team dedicated to research, custom consulting, event and advisory services. The position will report to the Senior Research and Consulting Manager (telco) SSA. The role will be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
- Conduct primary and secondary research, data collection and information verification in the Telecommunications sector. Where necessary work in other sectors will also be required on an ad-hoc basis;
- Analyze policy, commercial, economic, social and market trends to provide detailed findings related to technology strategies and market dynamics;
- Work with forecasting analytical tools;
- Prepare thorough, well-organized reports, write executive summaries & conclusions; and recommendations related to policy, regulation and use of technology as related to the telecommunications sector;
- Interview industry stakeholders at executive and operational levels to provide detailed information on latest industry and business trends as well as thought leadership regarding technology strategy;
- Present project work to stakeholders at executive level;
- Play a key role in business development by building and maintaining industry relationships.
- University degree (Masters in Commerce, Business Administration or Sciences)
- Telecommunications sector knowledge is critical, so preference will be given to candidates with demonstrable sector experience related to technology insight, policy, regulatory or strategy development
- Candidates with a strong understanding of the role, impact and application of technology in the telecommunications sector are preferred
- Demonstrable experience as Senior Analyst or Researcher
- Experience in presenting findings and recommendations to executive stakeholders
- Understanding of the geographical region (sub-Saharan Africa)
- Entrepreneurial mindset
- Aptitude for business analysis and quantitative analysis
- Ability to work independently in a matrix business environment
- Ability to collaborate across multiple research and business groups within IDC
- Ability to deal with ambiguous or unstructured situations
- Excellent English writing and business presentation skills
- Proficiency with Excel, PowerPoint and other MS Office software packages.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to IDC career website on careers-idc.icims.com to apply