Family Bank (formely Family Finance Building Society) was registered as a Building Society in October 1984 in Kenya, under the Building Societies Act and commenced operations in the early 1985. Family Bank converted into a fully fledged bank in May 2007 and the main driver for our conversion was the need to offer a wider range of products and services to our customers. Family Bank is regulated by the Central Bank of Kenya (CBK) and is regularly inspected using CAMEL ratings which look at Capital, Assets, Management, Earnings and Liquidity. Our ratings by the CBK have been favourable over the years.
Are you a go-getter, positive minded individual who fits the role profile captured below? There is an opportunity for ambitious, self-driven individual.
Reporting to: Data Centre Manager
Responsible for the upkeep, configuration, and reliable operation of computer systems including servers and storage systems, planning for and responding to service outages and other problems as well as troubleshooting any issues on behalf of the users.
- Install and configure software and hardware
- Manage network servers and technology tools
- Set up accounts, databases, servers and workstations
- Monitor performance and maintain systems according to requirements
- Troubleshoot issues and outages
- Ensure security through access controls, backups and firewalls
- Upgrade systems with new releases and models
- Develop expertise to train staff on new technologies
- Any Other duties assigned from time to time by the line manager or Head of ICT
- In-depth knowledge of and experience with Microsoft Windows Server, Unix/Linux and AIX Operating Systems
- In-depth knowledge of and experience with databases mainly MSSQL, MySQL and Oracle - Database management, performance tuning, data maintenance and database Security
- Awareness and understanding of business requirements of IT.
- Willingness to keep up to date with developments in new technology.
- Commitment to continuing professional development (CPD).
- A minimum of 5 years of proven experience as a System Administrator or similar role
- Experience with databases (MSSQL and Oracle), networks (LAN, WAN) and patch management
- Knowledge of system security and data backup/recovery
- Experience with various operating systems and platforms
- Experience with various storage (SAN) platforms
- Resourcefulness and problem-solving aptitude
- Excellent communication skills
- University degree in Computer Science / IT related field
- Professional certification (e.g. Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA)) and/or AIX Administrator is an added advantage
Method of Application
ALL applicants MUST apply online to the email; firstname.lastname@example.org closing date is 25th May 2019. Canvassing will automatically disqualify the candidate. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
“We are an equal opportunity employer”