At PwC, our purpose is to build trust in society and solve important problems. We are a network of firms in 157 countries with more than 208,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. In Africa, we're the largest provider of professional services with offices in 31 countries and over 8,000 people. This enables us to provide our clients with seamless and consistent service, wherever they’re located on the continent. In East Africa, our member firms in Kenya, Uganda, Rwanda, Tanzania and Zambia work together to build trust in society and solve important problems. Our in-depth knowledge and understanding of operating environments in the region enables us to put ourselves in our clients’ shoes and offer truly tailored Tax, Assurance and Advisory solutions to unique business challenges.
We are seeking to strengthen our Advisory services by recruiting and developing highly motivated individuals for the position of Manager in our Advisory Deals -Transactions unit. You will join a dynamic team to lead and manage the delivery of client strategic projects in Valuations/Pricing, Due Diligence, Structuring deals and transactions and / or Lead Advisory in both private and public sector transactions.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Execution of mandates related to mergers and acquisitions (buyouts, disposals), growth capital and debt financing, project / infrastructure finance, privatisations and PPPa;
- Participating in business development efforts including networking, deal origination and presentations at seminars and workshops;
- Research and development of pitch books
- Leading PwC teams on putting together proposals from the network in response to Requests for Proposals (RFPs);
- Building and reviewing of financial models;
- Preparing and reviewing of transaction documentation including business plans, information memoranda and financial forecasts;
- Managing project economics through budgeting and delivery of client assignments including billing and collection management;
- Training and mentoring of junior staff members.
- Constantly develop and demonstrate subject matter expertise in our service offerings and act as trusted advisor to our clients
- Enhancing relationships and collaboration with other lines of service, and other PwC network firms
- Maintain excellent relationships with our clients
Desired Knowledge & Experience
- Ideally about 7-years of experience in a similar role preferably within a professional services firm, investment bank, and or private equity fund;
- Understanding of Valuations/Pricing, Due Diligence, Structuring deals and negotiating complex Sales & Purchase Agreements
- Experience with private sector M&A and capital raising as well as privatization / PPP transactions
- Experience and relationships with a broad range of clients including large corporates, SMEs, family businesses, DFIs, PE firms and impact investors.
- A Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized institution (e.g. in Finance, Accounting or Economics or other relevant field);
- ACCA, CPA (K), CFA, MBA or equivalent qualification desirable but not essential provided financial experience and acumen can be clearly demonstrated.
Desired Skills & Competencies
- Excellent team leadership, interpersonal and collaboration skills;
- Strong report writing and communication skills
- Ability to build long term relationships with clients, and work across borders on international and regional transactions;
- Business acumen to generate projects and manage them efficiently and profitably
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to PricewaterhouseCoopers (PWC) career website on www.pwc.com to apply