Nokia is a global leader in the technologies that connect people and things. With state-of-the-art software, hardware and services for any type of network, Nokia is uniquely positioned to help communication service providers, governments, and large enterprises deliver on the promise of 5G, the Cloud and the Internet of Things.
Serving customers in over 100 countries, our research scientists and engineers continue to invent and accelerate new technologies that will increasingly transform the way people and things communicate and connect.
Nokia is an equal opportunity employer that is commited to diversity and inclusion.
At Nokia, employment decisions are made regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Project Management Office Manager drives and ensures implementation of the Nokia project management methodology, processes, tools, improvement, and efficiency programmes to ensure all customer projects are delivered according to contractual obligations within forecasted costs, time, and required quality based on adequate mode of operation. Builds a more capable PM community by driving PM training and certifications across a Market Unit containing multiple CTs spanning multiple countries.
Program/Project Management & Governance
- Drives development and implementation of appropriate Nokia Project Management methodology, processes, tools, improvement and efficiency programmes to ensure all customer and internal projects* are delivered according to contractual obligations, within forecasted costs, time and required quality based on adequate mode of operation.
- Contributes / defines strategy for her / his area of responsibility and turns it into operational programmes and actions.
- Drives governance practices in line with adequate Nokia project management (PM) and according to BG specificities to ensure visibility of operational KPIs and performance / efficiency.
- Supports Customer Delivery Managers (CDM) and their teams during pre-sales and delivery phases by implementing adequate practices like project readiness assessment, quality gate reviews and PM audits.
- Ensures the availability and application of proper tools in customer / internal projects including availability of needed training and support in use phase.
- Drives continuous appropriate Nokia project management processes and tools improvement by collecting requirements including applicable loop back to global process / tool owner.
- Ensures availability of project / programme executive level information to CDM and their teams and appropriate geographical organisation by establishing / using reporting solutions.
- Creates and implements proactive cost management practice supported by engagement into operational reviews, action planning and follow-up.
- Supports / coordinates resource demand activities inside customer team, ensuring proper forecast and information availability.
- Drives development of PM capability management with appropriate external and internal certification portfolio.
- Supports PM community in capability and competence management activities including planning and implementation of PM capability framework.
- Coordinates PM competence development and certification programmes in respective BG / market.
- Acts as a coach for PM community based on priorities to ensure that objectives of the project are achieved.
- Drives PM knowledge management and best practice / lessons learned sharing within PM community.
- Develops and manages PMO communication and communities across organisations.
Program Business Management Excellence
The PMO Manager manages the governance of a programme (portfolio of several related projects) against agreed program targets to increase organisational performance. Identifies and manages cross-project interdependencies and risks and has oversight of the purpose and status of all projects comprised. Effectively coordinates high-level activities to ensure overall quality, integrity, and coherence of the programme. Assigns tasks to the project / programme team and manages project / programme resources. Resolves issues, mitigates risks, and manages scope changes and opportunities.
- Governs key and complex programmes, collection of projects managed together for business benefits, that positively contribute to business or operation impact such as streamlining processes and tools for efficiency in functional, region or local operation. Interfaces with key stakeholders at business area leadership.
- Interprets critical internal or external business issues and develops innovative solutions that help to sustain competitive advantage.
- Defines processes and standards.
- Uses knowledge on how the job contributes to the corporate goals as well as knowledge of industry and competitive landscape to increase own effectiveness.
- Influences strategic decisions within professional area that affect the performance of the subfunction (e.g. a subset of a function, typically consisting of several areas with independent budgets).
- Solves highly complex or novel problems based on sophisticated analytical thought and complex judgment.
- Independently develops concepts to set the professional direction of own organisational unit.
- Acts as a senior subject matter expert, typically at a Market or Market Unit level, in many organisational units the most senior internal expert who serves as best practice / quality resource and is an acknowledged authority both within and outside own organisational unit.
- Often leads functional teams or programmes with considerable resource requirements, risk, and complexity, handles day-to-day operational and program management issues, including resource management and allocation of work.
- Drives for continuous efficiency improvement to optimise programme operational performance.
- Determines the causes to any perceived deviation and anticipates risks and evaluates related financial impacts.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Nokia career website on aluperf.referrals.selectminds.com to apply