As the world’s hunger specialist, our primary goal is to create a better way to deal with hunger. For 40 years, we led the global movement that aims to end life-threatening hunger for good within our lifetimes. Our teams have been on the front lines, treating and preventing malnutrition across nearly 50 countries. We save the lives of children and their families. We are there for them before and after disaster strikes. We enable people to provide for themselves, see their children grow up strong, and for whole communities to prosper. We constantly search for more effective solutions, while sharing our knowledge and expertise with the world. We push for long-term change. We will never give up. Until the world is free from hunger.
The Logistcis Officer reports hierachially to the Head of Region and technically to the head of Logistics . The position will be based in West Pokot- Kenya.
The Logistics Officer’s core responsibilities will be;
1. Procurement Management
- maintain a supplier database, with a price list and a catalogue for base .
- Ensures that follow up tools are implemented and used correctly (PPP, Supply Plan, PFU, SFU)
- Assist the bases in setting up the framework agreements. Ensures that regular orders (3 months, six months, annual) are done in time (stationery, spare parts, fuel)
- Monitors the quality of ordered items and services, ensures minimum standards in collaboration with the technical departments; ensures proper sensitization of all teams
- Sets up and monitors that archiving is done correctly on all bases
- Sets up good networking with local stakeholders, exchange on good practices, sensitization of suppliers on AAH policies and procedures
- Ensures compliance with legal requirements (VAT, exemptions)
- Participates in supply related forums
2. Management of the Base Logistics
In accordance with the Logistics procedures and guidelines defined in the Kitlog V3:5 management of Logistics HR
- To line manage the logistics staff.
- Staff organization, review job descriptions,
- Conduct staff performance evaluations,
- Leave planning and approvals,
3. Supply chain management
- To prepare purchase orders and external order forms,
- To supervise that the order follow-up is filled and dispatched to the different departments,
- To consolidate the monthly base orders and submit to Nairobi by 5th of the following month,
- To supervise procurements (quality/price/procedures) for the Base,
- To supervise the stock management (storage conditions, stock reports, expiry dates)
- To monitor the deliveries to the departments/bases/programmes
4. Equipment, Inventory and fleet management
- To supervise the allocation and the use of the equipment and maintain asset register.
- To supervise the installation, maintenance and repairing of the equipments
- To supervise that the base equipment list is filled and up to date.
- To supervise that the base Inventory list is filled and up to date.
- To supervise the use and the maintenance of the base generator including fuel consumption, regular service and reporting,
- To supervise AAH vehicle fleet planning:
- Verify the maintenance planning of the fleet
- Verify the weekly schedules as per program and support plans,
- Verify the motor cost follow-up
- Ensure administrative checking (Insurances, documentation)
- Ensure refuel of the cars in collaboration with the drivers
- Prepare and update fuel reports for cars and generators using AAH’s standard formats
- Follow up fleet maintenance and ensure all services are done on time and keep copies of invoices in the vehicle file
- Update fuel card reports, fuel stock reports Follow up on costs and prepare the monthly motor cost and forward it to the capital logistician by 5th of every month.
- Follow up on insurance documentation of the fleet and ensure that all vehicles have proper insurance and that vehicle documentation is filed in each vehicle files according to AAH regulation
- Ensure all vehicles have the minimum standard tools and first aid kits
- Verify that logbooks are filled in appropriately by drivers
- Ensure vehicle files are complete and maintained up to date
- Ensure that all vehicles are fitted with the proper spare parts and for minor services that we have the spare parts in stock
- Ensure the follow up of the maintenance and repair operation on the office generator as well as the refuelling of the stocks (when needed)
5.Rehabilitation and maintenance
- To monitor the construction, rehabilitation and maintenance of all the structures related to the functioning of the base (programs, office, warehouse)
6. Management of Base Security in Liaison with the Head of Region
- In charge of the information collection and context analysis in collaboration with the Head of Region
- To elaborate and submits the base security plan to the Head of Region and Logistics Coordinator for approval
- To follow-up the implementation of the security rules and procedures on the base
7. Storage and transport management
- Responsible for the correct physical stock management (ensure proper storage conditions such as cleanliness, ventilation,report expiry dates)
- Follow-up with special attention expiry date of drugs & food, and warn the concerned department two months before expiry date
- Ensures that stock management follows kit log 3.5, and mainly that stock release orders, stock cards, SFU and other documents and/or tools are used and are systematically up to date.
- Arrange deliveries to the departments/bases/programmes
- Ensure proper identification of all arrival/departure material (quantity, quality, and delivery).
- Ensure correct preparation of deliveries, safe preparation and loading of cargo onto vehicles.
- Prepare all cargo and shipping documents (delivery Note, packing list etc) to be transported to the field and collect the documentation signed for reception from the field
- Prepare and submit the monthly stock report by 1st of each month for the Head of Region
- Follow up weekly stocks and share and up to date stock report to all base managers on weekly basis
- Follow-up all equipments on the base (update equipment list on a monthly basis)
- Ensure that all users have signed a temporary allocation form for all equipments that they are receiving,
- Receive the material to be handed over and make sign the temporary allocation form for reception and clearance
- Ensure installation, maintenance and repair of the equipment
9. Financial Management
- Prepare monthly cash forecast for the Logistics Department and forward to capital for review.
- Monitor the logistics spending lines in the BFU and advise the HOR on the spending plans for all bases.
- Ensure supplier payments are submitted and processed in a timely manner as per the cash forecast.
- Coordinate and liase with Finance on the management of budget lines.
- Counter check PR’s to ensure that they are within the budget lines and limits.
10. Field support
- Prepare MLR to head of Base
- Train staff in computer basic management: anti-virus update, anti-virus usage, disk cleaning, disk maintenance, network maintenance, Link procurement.
- Ensure Compliance in all logistical operation and in accordance to the KITLOG i
- Review of monthly reports from the bases and forward to the Logistics Manager.
Local authorities and partners representation
- To represent AAH for non-technical aspects on the base related to and Logistics
- To stimulate the working relationships on the base by organizing and leading monthly/weekly meetings.
- Min. Bachelor’s degree in procurement / Supply chain / Logistics from recognized reputable University
- Graduate Diploma(Membership ) from Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply
- Member of Kenya Institute of Supplies management –KISM
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Excellent analytical and writing skills.
- 5 years’ experience in Logistics and Administration Management.
- Good writing skills.
- Good management and representation skills.
- Familiarity with AAH and acceptance of AAH’s principles.
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good stress management skills
- Familiarity with donors and donor procedures very essential
- Good communication, teamwork, transport skill, knowledge of warehousing, stock management and control
- Knowledge of warehousing, stock management and control,
- Knowledge of vehicle Management
- Knowledge of MS Office,
- Organization, initiative, punctuality and courtesy,
- Good level of spoken English and Kiswahili.
- Pokot speaking and Female Applicants encouraged to apply
- Wide and demonstrated experience working with and supporting County governments
Method of Application
Applications, including CV with cover letter and 3 professional references to be sent via email to:
firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 07th June 2019 clearly mentioning the position on the subject line. e.g Logistics Officer –West Pokot. Only Shorlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews. Female candidates are encouraged to apply
The above position is subject to availability of funds