Location: 90% Homabay 10% Nairobi
Reports to: Farm Manager
Start Date: Immediate
Are you looking for rapid professional development in on of Kenya’s fastest growing young companies?
Victory Farms is recruiting a Project Manager to be responsible and accountable for the smooth running of our Projects within the limits of requirements, specifications, costs and timelines. This is an opportunity to help shape the development of an organization that aims to be a sustainable leader in large scale aquaculture production. Professionally, you would be joining a business with ever-growing opportunities and responsibilities, providing a profound exposure to high-growth business environment.
Come join us at Victory Farms as a Project Manager.
- Manage multiple ongoing and new projects, including new building, general management of contractors, improvements to existing assets, building, or land and water infrastructure.
- Maintain highly organized, systems and data driven approach, to deliver timely and efficient execution of projects on time.
- Coordinate with Finance, Procurement, Stores, and Construction to ensure adequate inventories of materials are on site to enable smooth execution of projects.
- Oversee all onsite and offsite constructions to monitor compliance with building and safety regulations, from conception to completion.
- Support organizational elements of Construction and Maintenance departments, helping to empower and enable Foreman and Supervisors to achieve more and manage costs better.
- Review monthly capex reporting received from operating entities to ensure reporting is accurate and to monitor capex against budget.
- Think and act in a highly pragmatic fashion that can balance operational requirements with reasonable specs and spend.
- Ensure quality construction standards and the use of proper construction techniques.
- Prepare and maintain the project roadmap which defines project enhancements for short- and long-term releases.
- A University Degree in Project Management or related built environment field (i.e. construction management, Architecture, Building Economics or Civil Engineering).
- Professional qualifications in project planning/project management will have an added advantage.
- Must be able to draw and interpret with CAD.
- Advanced knowledge of construction management processes, means and methods.
- Familiarity with construction management software packages.
- Must have over 10 years working experience as a project/account manager working directly with teams.
- Expert knowledge of building products, construction details and relevant rules, regulations and quality standards.
- Strong organizational and planning skills.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects in a very fast pace environment.
- Good understanding of Project Management principles including budgeting and analysis are necessary.
Please submit a CV and cover letter expressing your interest and detailing your qualifications and suitability for this role to email@example.com.