- NEVER pay for any job, interview, certification, visa or any other fee to any employer or individual. If you need any clarification, email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Group Head of Finance and Shared Services at AMSCO (African Management Services Company)
Posted on: 11 June, 2019
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Agriculture / Agro-Allied
View All Jobs at AMSCO (African Management Services Co
Our client is a Kenyan holding company with investments in the agriculture and real estate sector in East Africa.
- To drive effective strategic and operational financial planning, monitoring and reporting to enhance the decision-making processes of the group.
- To confirm that the Group’s companies comply with all statutory and external requirements and regulations and the Group policies and procedures;
- To oversee the successful delivery of activities relating to the human resources, legal, administrative, and office service functions across the entire group.
In an increasingly competitive environment, accurate and timely financial information (forecasts and historical) is critical to support management decisions. Optimal utilization of IT systems is required to ensure efficient, timely and accurate financial and administrative information. Implementation of policies and systems across group companies is critical to maintain uniform standards and controls, benchmark performance and achieve regulatory compliance.
- 300 + staff
- Operating companies – 7 subsidiaries
- Contribute to successful delivery of the Group’s strategic priorities and annual business objectives.
- Provide strategic financial, people, technology and sustainability leadership across all areas of the organisations with regard to safeguarding the current and future financial, HR and technology position of the Group.
ERP & Control Environment
- Monitor and confirm group companies comply with statutory regulatory requirements with respect to tax, financial and people management.
- Develop, implement and oversee the customisation of policies and procedures in accounting, office administration, HR and ICT for all group businesses and respective jurisdictions.
- Leverage technology to drive efficiency, reduce cost of operations and sustain a high performance culture.
- Manage business continuity. Confirm the effectiveness of the safeguards created to maintain and recover operations.
- Oversee internal and external audits. Confirm that gaps/lapses identified are closed and no recurrence of similar issues.
- Provide an accurate and timely finance service including setting and monitoring of budgets, forecasts, cash flow analysis, management and financial accounts, plus advice and support to inform decision making at all levels throughout the Group.
- Manage and continuously improve effective and efficient systems for the maintenance of accounting records as per Group policies.
- Manage and improve the financing of working capital and generation of cash flow across the group.
- Review the annual cost of sales budgets and costing for new products for all companies in the group as applicable.
- Review and give guidance during the preparation of budgets for all group companies. Present the consolidated budget for Board approval. Monitor expenditure against budgets and approve pay decisions across the group.
- Manage bank relationships
- Through the HR function, develop the long-term capability of each company aligning processes, structures and systems to fit current business and future needs and deliver the strategy.
- Maintain a competitive remuneration position for the organisation to attract and retain talent, and recognise performance.
- Manage the shared services function; implement an effective organisation structure, clear jobs and performance outcomes.
- Recruit, coach and develop employees in the function. Monitor performance and give on-going feedback to maintain high performance.
- Adhere to HR policies in the management of employees and maintain a conducive working environment.
- Appraise investment opportunities. Prepare related documentation and participate in project management to deliver projects on budget, time, scope and quality as directed
- Oversee the groups’ sustainability initiatives and reporting in compliance with UN Global Compact standards and guidelines.
- To liaise with Company Secretary on company secretarial issues
- Develop and present comprehensive, accurate and informative reports that facilitate informed and sound decision-making as requested. Trends, insights, concerns and recommendations clearly elaborated.
- Accurate and timely submission of reports as per timelines given.
Knowledge, Skill and Competence
- University Degree/ ACCA or CFI or CPA (K) or equivalent. MBA added advantage.
- 8 years’ experience of managing finances or audit, preferably in a commercial environment.
- Understanding of business management.
- Good communication and negotiation skills
- Financial analysis and forecasting skills
- Change management skills
- Information systems management
- Intermediate level knowledge in working with an integrated HR information systems and/or ERP system.
Competencies Required for this Role
- Strategic vision
- Sense of urgency in order to meet deadlines.
- Ability to participate in and lead a team
- Sense of detail and a flair for figures.
- Good communication skills
- Change oriented
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to AMSCO (African Management Services Company) career website on amsco.zohorecruit.com to apply
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about AMSCO (African Management Services Company)Similar Jobs
- Job Opening at SunCulture Kenya Limited
- Job Openings at AAA Growers Limited
- Warehouse Supervisor at Victory Farms
- Project Manager at Victory Farms Ltd
- Regional Sales Representative at Hublink Company Limited
- Accountant at Victory Farms