Tourism Fund (TF) is a state corporation established under the Tourism Act, 2011, mandated to mobilize resources to finance the development of a sustainable tourism industry in Kenya.
The Board of Trustees seeks to recruit qualified and competent staff to fill the following vacant position
This position reports to the Director Corporate Services and shall be responsible for the Information Communication Technology (ICT) Department.
- Formulate long-term system strategy for the computerization process in the Fund
- Develop and implement ICT Departmental plans, policies, systems, norms and procedures
- Provide support to the implementation of new systems and ensure their availability;
- Establish and provide standards for Voice, Radio, Video and Data communications/IT networks for all offices/stations of the Fund
- Assist in acquisition, implementation and management of IT Infrastructure i.e. Production servers, Local/Wide Area Networks at the Head office, and all regional offices;
- Review IT requirements and coordinate technical and functional improvements of the information systems in collaboration with end-users;
- Develop, implement and continuously review system security, back-up and recovery procedures
- Develop and maintain ICT Business Continuity plan through implementing necessary Disaster Recovery interventions/Plan that would support the Fund’s business during times of unforeseen disaster
- Implement programs for safeguarding data integrity of all systems and ensure system availability through the necessary technical support/upgrades;
- Develop and implement guidelines on distribution, Installation, upgrade, maintenance and replacement of ICT Infrastructure and Promote the use of cost effective IT and telecommunication solutions
- Spear head cultural/behavioural change initiatives within the Fund when introducing new technology
- Promote technological innovations to enhance the Tourism Fund’s efficiency
- Establish operational linkages with other departments and regions of the Fund to facilitate efficiency
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
- A Master’s Degree in Computer Science/Information Science or any other related and equivalent qualifications from recognized Institution;
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science
- MCSE or at a minimum Certification in either network/system administration or its equivalence from a recognized institution from a recognized body.
- Served for a minimum period of six (6) years three (3)of which must be at a senior management level;
- Membership to an IT professional body;
- Other IT professional qualifications will be an added advantage;
- Attended a Management course lasting not less than four(4) weeks;
- Demonstrated professional competence in systems analysis, design, programmes specification,;
- Communication skills and ability to train and supervise staff;
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of the Kenya Vision 2030 and related development goals
- Meet the requirements of Chapter Six (6) of the Constitution of Kenya on Leadership and Integrity;
- Demonstrated professional competence in systems analysis, design, programmes specification
- Exposure to Revenue Management system environment will be a plus
- Have good communication, interpersonal and analytic skills
- Demonstrate knowledge of strategic management processes
Method of Application
Interested and qualified persons are requested to submit their applications indicating their current salary together with a detailed curriculum vitae, professional certificates and testimonials.
The candidate must also attach the following
Valid certificate of good conduct
HELB clearance certificate
Valid KRA compliance itax certificate.
Clearance from a reputable credit reference bureau
Applications should be clearly marked “APPLICATION FOR THE POSITION OF ……………………………… ” to be addressed to:
Tourism Fund, Head Office,
Tourism Fund Building, Valley Road 5th Floor,
P.O. Box 46987 – 00100
Soft copy applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org so as to reach on or before 24th June 2019.
No hard copies will be accepted.
Minorities and people living with disabilities are encouraged to apply
Those who previously applied are encouraged to app