The NRC East Africa & Yemen mission is an expanding programme. NRC started its operations in Kenya in the refugee camps in Dadaab in February 2007. NRC has WASH, Shelter, Education, Food Security and Livelihood and Information Counselling and Legal Assistant programmes implemented in the refugee camps in Dadaab and Kakuma.
All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organisation’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusivity and accountability. These attitudes and beliefs shall guide our actions and relationships.
M&E Assistant reports to the M&E Officer.
The purpose of the position is to assist in the information management of NRC’s program in Kakuma by processing data generated by assessments and project progress monitoring; keeping the M&E system updated with information obtained from program staff; and production of overall Area M&E reports.
- Work closely with Education, Food Security, ICLA and Shelter field teams to assist with collecting, collating, presenting and otherwise managing information for M&E related reports
- Conduct and support regular surveys for monitoring and evaluation activities
- Assist in the preparation of project evaluation and/or review reports and draft the regular projects’ M&E report
- Assist in the establishment and day to day management of a database and monitoring system
- Assist with documentation of the projects, including project inputs and outputs (e.g. assessments, compiling beneficiary lists, recording construction progress, education activity attendance, etc.)
- Assist in data analysis for compilation of quarterly, annual and ad hoc program data and reports
- Maintain and update the Area M&E database, ensuring correct and swift data entry and processing
- Assist in making data entry forms and reports as required
- Support collection and maintenance of geographic baseline and thematic data
- Research and retrieve data from internal and external sources; and prepare the required of statistical charts, tables and reports
- Assist with the production of maps and other geographic information products
- Act as Complaints Response and Feedback Mechanism focal points in Kakuma
- Liaise with United Nations agencies and other humanitarian partners to ensure that the information needed to support humanitarian operations is generated and made easily available.
- University degree, preferably in social sciences, international relations and/or development or other relevant discipline.
- At least 3 years’ relevant working experience in field of humanitarian/development M&E implementation
- Exposure to a wide range of information management systems related to humanitarian/development and/or operational (eg construction) activities.
College / University, Bachelor’s degree
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analysis skills (qualitative and qualitative)
- Excellent one to one and group communication /information presentation skills
- Experience in training and capacity building in M&E mechanisms at various project levels
- Ability to manage conflicting priorities
- Experience working with statistical computer software packages
- Goal oriented with ability to work under pressure, independently and with limited supervision.
Duty station: Kakuma
Contract period is up to December 2019 with possibility of extension.
Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s general directions, The candidate will observe NRC’s code of conduct and working hours for the NRC Office in Kakuma.
Qualified Female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Norwegian Refugee Council career website on www.webcruiter.no to apply