Moving the GoalPosts (MTG) is a sport for development organization that harnesses the power of sport to overcome social obstacles girls and young women face in coastal Kenya.
We create a safe space for girls and young women to understand their rights and claim them — to take up leadership roles and have a voice in the society.
The purpose of the position is to ensure the financial viability, management of Moving the Goalposts (MTG) mobilized resources. S/he plays a crucial role in providing high quality financial management information necessary to support an effective organizational operation. Specific responsibilities include; assessment of financial needs and cash flow requirements, financial planning (inc. budget submissions), contract management, financial reporting and audit. In addition, s/he will need to identify and resolve any financial management problems which may arise, facilitate the involvement of MTG finance team in the development and funding of projects, and provide appropriate training in finance policies and procedures for all staff.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review, update and ensure compliance with financial systems, policies, procedures and emerging best practices that are in compliance with generally accepted accounting policies for non-profit organizations and International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
- Coordinate the preparation, consolidation, analysis and submission of strategic plan budget, annual budget and quarterly implementation budgets in accordance with budget instructions and guidelines.
- Provide financial forecasting and advise on viable investments for MTG income streams.
- Prepare financial reports - both internal and external; including presentation of the same to the relevant recipients / stakeholders.
- Ensure finance related audit actions are implemented and alternative actions taken as required to address weaknesses in financial controls and procedures identified in finance and other forms of audit reports
- Provide oversight and ensure profitability of MTG business center.
- Oversee recording of financial transactions; including income, expenditure, assets, liabilities and funds.
- Ensure physical filing of accounting documents is orderly, logical and easily referenced to accounting records.
- Oversight and development of an excellent and high performing finance and admin team.
- Train staff members in financial systems, policies, procedures, systems and emerging best practices.
- Oversee all office purchases and procurement activities.
- Work closely with head of partnership and resource mobilization in preparation of funding requests and communicating other business plans to the Executive Director.
- Compliance and management of risks
- Policies and procedures: ensure that systems and processes are in place to comply with MTG policies, standards and procedures and legal requirements in the areas of finance, administration, taxation, logistics & ICT.
- Facilitate internal audit missions and ensure audit follow up and action lists are addressed in a timely manner, ensure that the organization learns from audits and reviews so as to continuously improve its operations.
- Ensure systems and processes are in place to identify and manage risks including developing, updating the financial risk register to the Executive Director in line with the Global Risk Management policy, and ensuring that risks are adequately identified, assessed, mitigated and reported on through risk registers in the finance and administration section.
- Report timely and consistently all losses and incidents, including updates, to the Executive Director
- Oversees the review of agreements and contracts and ensure compliance with the Kenyan laws and regulations.
- Manage financial administration of all grants
- Ensure full project costings, and maximizing cost recovery from donors to ensure fully funded interventions;
- Review donor contracts and ensure that all staff and external partners are aware of grant conditions
- Ensure expenditure is in line with approved donor budgets
- Review of all financial reports prepared for submission to donors to ensure they are accurate and on time
- Information Technology
- Oversight on development/review and ope rationalization of the ICT policy.
- Set up and oversee office supplies control system
- Set up and oversee office inventory control system
- Set up and oversee non-current assets control system
- Ensure MTG travel policy is adhered to
- Set up and oversee usage of MTG vehicle(s) and the use of taxis or other hired vehicles
- Oversee security, cleanliness and beautification of MTG compound
- Oversee rental of office premises at MTG HQ
- Oversee all human resources activities; including supervision of the HR officer / assistant
- Review and make recommendations on the human resource needs of the finance and administration department
- To undertake any other tasks assigned by the Executive Director which might be reasonably deemed within the status of the job and appropriate to the post
Required Qualifications, Experience and Skills
- At least five years’ work experience at a middle or senior level in finance and administration in an NGO setting.
- A graduate with a degree in accounting, financial management, administration, commerce or other related subject.
- Fully qualified CPA or ACCA.
- Strong accounting background with ability to prepare budgets, cashflow projections and financial reports.
- Hands-on experience in use of accounting software, particularly QuickBooks.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent organizational and supervisory skills.
- Able to build the capacity of other finance and administration staff, including training and mentorship.
- Excellent verbal and writing skills.
- Adaptable with a strong commitment to the promotion of girls’ and women’s rights and the use of football for development.
Interested and qualified persons with the required experience are invited to submit their applications via email only with only Cover Letter, CV and 3 references to: email@example.com on or before 21st June 2019 at 7pm.
Note that applicants who send letters of references, testimonials or any other documents apart from those requested will be automatically disqualified. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Moving The Goalposts is an Equal Opportunity Employer.