Kenya Wine Agencies Limited (KWAL) is the leading manufacturer and distributor of wines and spirits in Kenya , Eastern and Central Africa region. Kenya Wine Agencies Limited (KWAL) is looking for well-organized and highly motivated individuals who are result-oriented to fill the following positio KWAL is looking for well-organized and highly motivated individual who is result-oriented to fill the following position:
Reporting to the National Sales Manager, the job holder will be responsible for ensuring sales targets for the assigned region are achieved effectively and efficiently, managing marketing activities within the territory and resolve as well as attend to customer queries and complaints.
The role will be based in Kisumu Region.
Function / Division: Commercial
Department: Sales and Distribution
Supervisor / Manager Title: National Sales Manager
Job Purpose: The job holder will be responsible for ensuring sales targets for the assigned region are achieved effectively and efficiently, managing marketing activities within the territory and resolve as well as attend to customer queries and complaints.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Area 1: Trade development
- Ensure the territory achieves given sales targets (Volume and Value) through hands on management of given accounts/ territory in line with the sales and distribution plans.
- Ensure call compliance, strike rate targets and outlet expansion is exceeded in the given territory as per SFA targets
- Ensure adequate product listings and product visibility in outlets and monitoring brand trade performance through client call cycle schedules
- Oversee the execution of the merchandising and promotional activities as per approved plans in their assigned territory.
- Create value adding marketing/ business relationships, within the territory clients by resolving customer concerns and feedback.
- Collect information on market intelligence, analyze market competition within the territory and prepare reports on market trends, competitor to support decision making.
- Area 2: Team management
Supervise, motivate and develop the territory sales representatives assigned in their areas to ensure maximum returns for the business.
Regularly oversee the Territory Sales Representative visits to outlets to ensure that the 4A`s(Availability, Accessibility, Affordability and Activation) are being applied and address any skills gaps.
- Area 3: Distributor Management
- Work in collaboration with the distributors and the Territory Sales Representatives to ensure stockiest and retail outlets in assigned territory are fully serviced as per agreed SLA`s.
- Area 4: Budget Management
- Assist any KWAL regional budgeting activity assigned and drawing up of budgets for market activity recommendation.
- Bachelor degree in a business related field.
- A Master’s Degree a relevant field will be an added advantage.
- A minimum of 5 years in sales and distribution within the FMCG Industry.
- Working knowledge in the respective area will be an added advantage.
- Possession of a clean and valid driving license.
- Practical experience in use of MS packages and ERP systems.
Competencies / Attributes
- Ability to grow and develop new markets.
- Ability to coach, develop and lead a sales team.
- Highly developed stakeholder management skills.
- Excellent verbal and oral communication skills.
- Excellent persuasion, negotiation and influencing skills.
- Demonstrate sound judgment and problem solving skills.
- High level of integrity
Relationships and working contacts
- Internal – Sales and distribution, finance, marketing and warehousing.
- External – Consumers, Drinks Venues, HORECA, Modern Trade, distributors, stockists.
This is a field based role with minimal office duties.
Method of Application
If you feel you meet the requirements for this position, send your updated CV with email & telephone contacts of three professional referees and the application letter quoting the Reference number & Title of the position as the subject to:
The Human Resources Director,
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org to be received not later than June 26, 2019.
Do not attach any certificates/scanned documents to your application.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
KENYA WINE AGENCIES LIMITED IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND DOES NOT CHARGE ANY FEES AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING, OR TRAINING).