- NEVER pay for any job, interview, certification, visa or any other fee to any employer or individual. If you need any clarification, email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Communication Intern at Gold Star Kenya
Posted on: 14 June, 2019
Deadline: 17 June, 2019
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at Gold Star Kenya
Gold Star Kenya (GS Kenya) is a non-governmental organization established in 2010. GS Kenya implements health-related projects across the country and has its headquarters in Nairobi. The organization seeks a Communication Intern to support to the GS Kenya country office in Nairobi and the technical team. This an opportunity for recent graduates to gain hand-on field experience and contribute to the project’s objectives.
Scope of Work
- Work with the Technical Team to write/edit success stories. This involves conducting interviews and taking photos in the field as well as desk work to review and edit stories by staff, beneficiaries and partners.
- Assist program officers to edit, format and proofread documents.
- Assist in organizing events.
- Participate in activities organized by Gold Star or partners and write articles for dissemination.
- Maintain a gallery of images (photos/graphics) including on Flickr
- Create and maintain Gold Star Kenya Facebook and Twitter accounts with guidance from Management
- Working with technical team, update the Gold Star Kenya website
- Other duties as may be assigned.
- Have completed a degree in a communications-related field or be in the final year.
- Have experience writing materials for website
- Demonstrated ability and interest to write articles on diverse issues
- Be computer literate, especially in Microsoft office applications.
- Understanding and ability to use common social media platforms
- Be ready to undertake routine communication support assignments
- Some experience in design and layout of publications an advantage
Duration: Three months
Method of Application
Gold Star Kenya is an equal opportunity employer. Interested candidates are encouraged to apply via email to: GSKenya-HR@goldstarkenya.org. The application should include a cover letter and CV/resume to be received not later than 17th June 2019.
Kindly note that only shortlisted persons will be contacted.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Gold Star KenyaSimilar Jobs
- Internship Opportunity at United Nations Human Settlements Programme
- Monitoring and Evaluation Officer at Practical Action Kenya
- Learning & Development Course Administrator at International Committee of the Red Cross
- Regional Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinator at Norwegian Refugee Council
- National Project Coordinator at International Organization for Migration
- Latest Jobs at African Population and Health Research Centre
- Latest Jobs at United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF)
- Latest Recruitment at Shining Hope for Communities