Oasis International is a publisher of books and Bibles specializing in contextualized content for and from the African continent. Oasis is widely known for titles such as the Africa Study Bible (ASB), Purpose Driven Life, Africa Bible Commentary, Answers for Your Marriage, and many others. For more information visit oasisint.net.
Oasis is looking for a Communications Manager, based in either Kenya or South Africa who will set, guide, and enact the strategy for all communications, website, social media, public relations messages, marketing and advertising collateral to consistently and effectively articulate Oasis International’s mission, programs, and family of brands globally. The Communications Manager will work closely with the senior management in all strategic initiatives. The Manager will be responsible to the Vice President and Chief Operating Officer of Oasis International and work alongside peers and third-party agencies to refine and develop all forms of communications as part of the broader Oasis vision in a way that supports the goals and objectives of the organization.
Four qualifications are paramount for this position.
- An entrepreneurial personality that is drawn to developing a comprehensive communications strategy for a growing non-profit
- A deep understanding of digital technologies (design, web, mobile, digital, etc.) utilized for marketing and communications
- Experience traveling internationally and working with different cultures, preferably the USA
- A passion for equipping pastors and leaders with life-changing resources
- All candidates must be in full agreement with Oasis’ statement of faith
- Self-starter, able to work remotely, independently, and entrepreneurially; loves to learn
- Experience developing and implementing communications strategies contextualized for varied cultures; enjoys creating and implementing new initiatives
- Excellent writing/editing and verbal communication skills with the ability to serve as a unifying force and to position communications discussions at both the strategic and tactical levels
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite programs
- Strong track record as an implementer who thrives on managing a variety of key initiatives concurrently
- Sincere commitment to work collaboratively with all constituent groups, including staff, board members, volunteers, donors, program participants, and other partners and supporters
- Develop, implement, and evaluate the annual communications plan across the entire organization
- Formalize and finalize the elements of Oasis’ website relaunch and coordinate its ongoing maintenance
- Orchestrate and/or create ongoing donor mailings – digital and physical
- Generate online content (write, post, respond, and facilitate blog posts, press releases, and social media strategies) for all viable platforms that engages audience segments and leads to measurable action
- Track and measure level of engagement and develop action strategies to ensure continued growth
- Design digital documents and images as required
- Manage the development, distribution, and maintenance of all print and electronic collateral including, but not limited to, newsletters, brochures, images, stories, and websites
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Oasis International career website on www.linkedin.com to apply