The successful candidate will oversee all aspects of projects, set deadlines, assign responsibilities and monitor and summarize progress of project. If you enjoy working with other professionals dedicated to achieving food security, we encourage you to apply.
About the role:
This position will be based in Nairobi and report to the Head of Project Management Unit (Located in Nairobi, Kenya). This position will also assist in ensuring that project staff follow CIP policies and procedures while adhering to donor rules and regulations to ensure projects are successful. The job requires travel to field sites.
- Project implementation and compliance: Serve as primary point of contact for project operations during and after the life of the project; Deliver and maintain professional working relationships with internal clients and other project partners and ensure resource availability and allocation. Travel to new project countries, as required, to lead the efficient and effective project start-up and close down processes; Aid project management in preparing annual work plan and quarterly implementation plans, devise means of achieving outputs while staying within budget constraints; Review invoices from project partners, challenge or approve as appropriate; Supports Project Leaders with contractual management, linked to the Grants and Contracts unit.
- Monitoring and Reporting: Monitor progress against project output and provide feedback as needed; Support PIs in completing and submitting (via GnC) project performance technical reports; Coordinate the submission of all donor required reports with appropriate CIP areas; Coordinate with the Monitoring and Evaluation Manager and Project Management the Performance Monitoring and Evaluation Plan per donor requirements.
- Knowledge Management: Organize and maintain shared knowledge ports (KM Hub, websites) to communicate relevant project information throughout the organization; Ensure consistent and proper use of the International Potato Center brand; Liaise with donors and customers to exchange necessary project information.
What we are looking for?
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Financial Management or related field. Master’s degree in Development, Administration and/or Project Management, will be desirable.
- At least 6 years of relevant experience in a similar position.
- Proficient in MS Office, especially in Excel.
- Advanced Knowledge in software solutions (ERP)
- Proficiency in project management software tools.
- Fluent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Recognized as results-oriented team player who is adaptable to changing business needs and capable of contributing to the team’s success effectiveness.
Why should you consider this opportunity?
- CIP is a global and reputable international organization that has a strong, state-of-the-art R&D background, and is a recent World Food Price Winner and awarded with the Al-Sumait Award for our Orange Flesh Sweet Potato work in Africa.
- CIP is dedicated to achieving food security, improved nutrition and well-being, and gender equality for poor people in root and tuber farming and food systems of the developing world.
- CIP is a member of the CGIAR Consortium, a network of 15 research centers that are mostly located in the developing world and supported by more than 50 donor members.