Turkish Airlines was established in 1933 from a fleet of just 5 aircraft. Now, we’re a certified 4-star airline and a Star Alliance member with a fleet of 329 aircraft. We fly to 300 destinations all over the world, over 250 of which are international. The 2017 Skytrax survey called Turkish Airlines the “Best Airline in Southern Europe,” making that 9 wins in a row following up on being awarded the “Best Airline in Europe” 6 consecutive years through 2016. On top of these awards, Turkish Airlines won “World’s Best Business Class Lounge” in 2015 and 2017, “Best Business Class Onboard” 4 of the last 5 years including in 2017, and won “Best Economy Class Onboard Catering” in 2010. Finally, 2017 marked the 3rd year in a row that Turkish Airlines has won “Best Business Class Lounge Dining.”
To enter any Cost/Expense documents, arising at the International Office, to the records in an orderly and accurately manner, and to reflect any revenue obtained, and expenses performed, on to accounting records of the Company in accordance with the applicable legislation and Company regulations, Circular Letters and Approvals of the Company, as well as the generally accepted accounting principles; and to communicate the activities required to be performed pursuant to local laws, to the certified public accountant; and to monitor the same.
- Monitors and checks revenues of the Sales Management timely and in accordance with provisions of the relevant laws, legislation and regulations; and reflects the same on to the accounting records.
- Reports any office income-cost-financing and financial statistical information of the management, where s/he serves, upon request of the Sales Manager, or her/his immediate superior.
- Ensures that the sales proceeds of the Management(Office+BSP+Cargo+CASS+GSA) are timely deposited to the Bank; and recognizes the same.
- Performs the payments regarding expenditures performed in accordance with the Approval, in writing, and orders, procedures and principles of Office of CEO & President; or monitors performance of such payments; disburses allowances; and ensures that such payments are performed so as to be appropriate to interests of the Company at the maximum extent; and checks any necessary accounting records.
- Ensures that the budget sheet in relation to annual costs is kept. Monitors and checks that costs are realized within the limits of the budget. Takes the necessary actions in order to not to exceed budget portions; and informs her/his superior accordingly.
- Manages administrative affairs and follow related issues.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Minimum bachelor’s degree graduation.
- Minimum 1 year experience in finance, accounting, monthly close and financial reporting.
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles, procedures and application.
- Competency with MS Office products
- Good command of English and Svahili language(s).Skill on following additional language is an optional asset: Turkish
- Permanent residence permit in the respective country (The Company will not provide or assist with work permits)
- Able to work independently and under pressure
- Sense of responsibility
- Ability to make decisions accurately and effectively
- Ability to communicate with co-workers and business contact in a courteous and professional manner
- Organized, detail oriented and able to analyze various data.
- It is preffered to be experienced in SAP system.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Turkish Airlines career website on careers.turkishairlines.com to apply