- NEVER pay for any job, interview, certification, visa or any other fee to any employer or individual. If you need any clarification, email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mechanical Supervisor (Mombasa, KE) at Wärtsilä
Posted on: 8 July, 2019
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Engineering / Technical
View All Jobs at Wärtsilä
Wärtsilä is a multinational organization with a strong market presence in the Eastern Africa region. We provide optimal efficiency throughout the entire lifetime of our customers’ installations. Our global service network helps our customers keep their business running, while saving fuel and costs and complying with environmental regulations. Our customers appreciate the best service in the world. So do we. In order to continue to help us to achieve our mission Wartsila is looking for a Mechanical Supervisor.
Services Contract Management has the execution responsibility for different types of long term service contracts as our customers’ partner. Globally the business covers 600 installations both on land and sea and is one of the strategic growth areas within the Energy Business.
Wärtsilä Eastern Africa Ltd has an existing O&M Contract withTsavo Powerup to Mar 2021 for the80 MW Kipevu IIPower Plant in Mombasa, Kenya. WEA is looking foraMechanical Supervisorwith the following duties and responsibilities, skills and qualifications.
- Inspect completed work to check that repairs have been completed correctly and that machinery and equipment conform to specifications and safety standards.
- Monitor the condition of maintenance equipment, materials, parts, and tools that are used by maintenance employees in their day-to-day activities.
- Coach and mentor maintenance staff and assist them to diagnose more complex problems with machinery or equipment problems.
- Prioritize and assign tasks so that the team’s resources are used effectively and that work schedules and targets are met.
- Train new employees in the organization’s operating procedures and standards.
- In your role, you will work closely with the Maintenance Manager.
- Responsible for smooth operation and execution of every major PMS and ensure that all works performed are according to manufacturer’s specification and according to Quality and Safety procedures.
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining a world class maintenance team.
- Supervise mechanical staff in performing preventive maintenance duties on all major equipment and systems.
- Overall in charge of major and corrective maintenance and supervise routine work as well as shown in depth knowledge of fault finding. Including engine component evaluation.
- Prepare work report after every completed job and ensure that the data files are completed and current.
- Develop a weekly schedule in determining job priorities and complete other tasks as requested by the Maintenance Manager.
- Develop and implement training program for subordinates.
- Review work planning and scheduling and provides feedback to the maintenance manager to ensure that job plans are efficient and effective.
- Provide hands-on skills to help produce necessary prototypes.
- Directs the maintenance work force and provides onsite expertise.
- Enforces environmental regulations.
- Ensure equipment availability is adequate to meet the profit plan.
- Solve complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an in depth evaluation of multiple factors and trade-offs.
- Provide technical support to the Mechanical team to ensure correct parts procurement and proper replacement of parts or equipment and advice store on the management of spare parts stock level.
- Team work skills
- Resources coordination and management skills
- Communication & customer relations
- Problem solving
- Data trend analysis
- Openness and Flexibility
- Ability to manage multiple priorities under tight deadlines.
- QHSE consciousness
- Good command of English.
Advanced Knowledge About
- Medium speed HFO based engines.
- Cogeneration plants and its operations.
- Power Plants installation and commissioning.
- MS Office suite.
- WISE LT & Maximo (as a plus)
BSc Degree in Mechanical or Marine Engineering
- Five (5) to Eight (8) years of progressive experience in the maintenance and repair of a Diesel Power plant.
- Medium speed diesel engine experience
- Supervisory experience
Method of Application
Use the link(s) / email(s) below to apply on company website.
Interested and qualified? Go to Wärtsilä career website on careers.wartsila.com to apply
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about WärtsiläSimilar Jobs
- Sales Intern at Vertiv Co
- Event Coordinator at Tarpo Industries Ltd
- Retail Customer Service Executive at AutoXpress
- Contracts Engineer at Sterling and Wilson Solar Ltd