Living Goods supports a network of over 2,000 Community Health Volunteers (CHVs) in Kenya who provide high quality, high impact community health care while selling affordable, high-impact products like basic medicines, fortified foods, water filters, clean cook-stoves, and solar lights. As part of the Branch Team, you will play a key role in supporting CHVs to deliver high quality health care to their communities and generate sales of critical products.
Living Goods is scaling rapidly and with growth comes the need to have a strong manager who can lead a high performing team of community health supervisors (CHSs) that manage a large number of community health volunteers (CHVs).
Please note: this posting is open to current Living Goods employees only.
The Community Health Manager will be responsible for the oversight and performance of the branch, its staff and community health promoters. You will be skilled at coaching your team to push boundaries and solve problems, carefully manage stock to ensure all your community health volunteers are always in stock of essential medicines, support innovations and represent the branch to sub-county government teams.
The Community Health Manager will be based at the branch. You will spend most of your time working either in-field supervising your direct reports or at the branch with some meetings expected in Nairobi at HQ or in other branches.
Key Duties And Responsibilities
- Provide leadership to the community health supervisors building a high efficient and effective team.
- Directly monitor performance of community health supervisors, providing feedback during joint field visits as they work with community health volunteers.
- Support professional development of branch team members.
- As required support new Branch Management Trainees as they are undergoing training in your branch.
- Setting Priorities (WHAT: Expectations/Objectives and HOW: Goals/Results).
- Pro-actively work with branch team to meet key KPIs through brainstorming problems, identifying areas for improvement, bringing new ideas for testing to the field operations leadership or to the innovations committee.
- Ensure efficient time management of CHS and CHVs by guiding work planning.
- Lead efforts of scale at branch with support from HQ and the expansion team to optimize coverage and staffing.
- Ensure branch delivers to the highest quality standards by developing and implementing quality improvement action plans, investigating fraud reports and taking action if and when necessary.
- Ensure branch is compliant with all LG policies and procedures.
- Sign off on all extended credit and consignments to community health volunteers in line with LG policies.
- Spot check CHS field visits to observe CHS/CHV motivation, commitment, honesty and integrity.
- Responsible for all inventory at the branch.
- Monitor short-expiries and communicates when stock transfers are needed.
- Lead monthly stock count.
- Coordinate stock delivery to CHVs ensuring that CHVs are in stock of all essential medicines at all times.
- Assist with training of CHVs both in regular in-service trainings, and on an ongoing basis to ensure high level of knowledge of LG products, services and health procedures.
- Oversee ongoing training to all CHVs. Ensure high quality training, CHV understanding to deliver the highest quality service to the community.
- Train CHSs on using analytics and reports, building trust (with CHVs and the community), quality (proper CHV activity and data), evaluating CHVs and time management.
- Empower CHS by coaching them to achieve and understand the purpose of LG, their role and the impact of CHVs.
- Responsible for all financial operations at the branch.
- Collect cash for invoice deliveries.
- Submit monthly branch requisitions and expenses to HQ to support field work.
- Detailed Reporting and Monitoring.
- Audit branch support and work satisfaction of CHVs and CHSs.
- When necessary, support donor and staff visits at the branch.
- Represent LG at sub-county government meetings.
Qualifications, Skills And Experience
- Proven success as a Community Health Supervisor, entrepreneur, business manager, or health professional.
- 2 years + management experience a must, experience at Living Goods preferred.
- Diploma or degree in health related areas preferred, diploma or degree in other areas will be considered.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and drive for results.
- Exceptional natural leader with strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability and willingness to work extensively in the field.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills in English.
- Fluency in several local languages a plus.
- Proficiency with Ms-Word Excel, PowerPoint and general computer proficiency.
A competitive salary and benefits package commensurate with experience and bonus opportunity.
Deadline for applications submission is Thursday on 11th July 2019.
Living Goods is an equal opportunity employer and will consider every qualified applicant for employment.Living Goods does not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, national origin, ancestry, religion, gender, sexual orientation or disability.
Our current job openings are displayed on our website, where you can search for open positions and apply directly. Living Goods does not offer any positions without an interview and never asks candidates for money. If you are asked for money, we strongly recommend that you do not respond and do not send money or personal information.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Living Goods career website on www.linkedin.com to apply