Equity Bank is the region’s leading Bank whose purpose is to transform the lives and livelihoods of the people of Africa socially and economically by availing them modern, inclusive financial services that maximize their opportunities. With a strong foot print in Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda and South Sudan, Equity Bank is now home to more than 9 million customers – the largest customer base in Africa.
In line with enhancing career progression of staff and to support business growth, we seek to recruit qualified, experienced, self-driven, highly motivated and passionate candidate to fill the position outlined below within the Communicationn Banking unit.
Reporting to the Associate Director- Communication and PR, the PR and Advertising Officer, will be responsible for supporting the Communications department in the development and execution of all events for the Bank.
Job Responsibilities/ Accountabilities
- Researching, writing and distributing press releases to targeted media
- Collating and analyzing media coverage a
- Writing and editing in-house magazines, supplements/advertorials, case studies, speeches, articles and financial reports
- Devising and coordinating photo opportunities, organizing events including press conferences, investor briefings, AGMs, press tours and other forums
- Coordinate sponsorships and promotional activities involving the Bank
- Manage promotional items for the company
- Maintaining and updating information on the organization's website
- Offer support to the branches, departments and subsidiaries in regards to marketing, promotion and communication requirements
- Interface with all Equity Bank teams and offices to optimize event and associated campaign’s effectiveness.
- Liaising with the retained Agency to follow up on execution of tasks
- Ensure timely execution and production of key deliverables
- Manage vendor contracts; exercise diligence in tracking expenses to meet expense/ budget goals
- Liaise with service providers to ensure proper preparation and execution of events including brand visibility in such events through branding opportunities
- Monitor vendor performance by ensuring alignment with market value for services rendered.
- Good negotiation skills
- Excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical ability
- Able to work well with minimum supervision
- Flexible, ability to identify and resolve problems quickly
- Creative thinker and fast learner, ability to communicate ideas effectively
- Team player
- Computer proficiency
- University degree in Communications, PR, Journalism or business related field
- Professional training in Marketing or Public Relations
- Over 3 years’ relevant experience in Public Relations, marketing or event management in a large media organization or in communication function in an established organization.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Equity Bank Kenya career website on www.linkedin.com to apply