As part of the Nutrition And Health Team (NAHT),the Nutrition Senior Specialist will drive the implementation of the Nutrition studies whose main goal is to test an integrated nutrition and agriculture intervention designed to improve maternal and child health within the Product Innovations department.
Specific Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To
Ensure that the Nutrition studies are executed to world-class standards
- Monitor implementation:
- Plan, calendar and prioritize all activities and challenges to ensure smooth execution of the Nutrition studies.
- Keep calendars up to date and team members accountable for their deadlines.
- Ensure timely restocking of products in line with quality standards and organize monthly distribution to all intervention sites.
- Measure progress against goals, regularly report on progress, and hold team accountable to delivering results in key strategic areas:
- Supervise calculation of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) on a biweekly basis.
- Communicate the outcomes of the KPIs to the Nutrition lead on a monthly basis.
- Develop quarterly report on studies implementation progress, challenges and achievements.
- Find opportunities to increase the cost effectiveness of the program.
- Ensure high adherence of intervention in both studies.
- Reinforce Behavior Change Communication strategy.
- Design Nutrition and Health training materials or participants handouts to increase impact on farmers’ families nutrition.
- Assess trainings quality through field visits and qualitative research.
- Continuously collect feedback from the field team and integrate them in tools and processes facilitate resolution of challenges and issues raised by field staff
- Supervise the mobile health platform
- Support 1000 Days Study coordinator in creating counselling materials on a monthly basis.
- Manage the data collection platform (CommCare) and troubleshoot field challenges.
- Collaborate with other OAF teams:
- M&E Nutrition.
- Analyse data shared by M&E team to inform programmatic changes.
- Align priorities and schedules.
- Business Operations and Logistics.
- Strengthen products distribution processes and tracking.
- Lead monthly coordination meeting to prevent and solve challenges.
- Government Relations.
- Ensure all activities and products are aligned with the local and national guidelines.
- Field Operations
- Ensure positive collaboration and continuous communication between Core and Nutrition field team.
- Contribute to content creation for the core Nutrition trainings.
- Conduct formative research and field tests to tailor the trainings to the farmers’ demand.
- Build team
- Serve as direct management line to 2 mid-level management staff who oversee significant sub-teams (33 full time staff)
- Guide the field team throughout the implementation of the study
- Develop talking points on relevant issues.
- Develop policies and guidelines to ensure all NAHT members are supported and accountable towards the same framework.
- Support growth.
- Ensure professional development of the entire team:
- Supervise Professional development training curriculum for field staff .
- Provide continuous support to study coordinators with training sessions, mentorship opportunities and weekly reporting meetings.
- Plan for growth and shape the career path of the team members.
- Manage bandwidth and assess needs for additional support.
- Contribute to NAHT
- Contribute to the NAHT annual ‘Objectives and Key Results’ goals.
- Supervise Health Managers coordination and ensure clear communication with NAHT Managers.
- Build team culture:
- Ensure all staff members are connected to the mission and feel motivated by implementing the NAHT appreciation program and organizing team building events.
- Serve as a leader and role model. Embody One Acre Fund’s core values: Humble Service, Hard Work, Continual Growth, Family of Leaders, Dream Big, and Integrity.
- Monitor team morale, plan and mitigate any changes that could create disharmony amongst staff.
- Implement best practices and initiatives that contribute to a more diverse and inclusive work environment.Manage the team.
Career Growth and Development
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
We are seeking an exceptional professional with at least 2 years of work experience and ideally a demonstrated passion for our mission. Candidates who fit the following criteria are strongly encouraged to apply:
- At minimum, a bachelor’s degree (in international development, public health, nutrition) is required for this position with strong demonstrated previous work experience.
- People management experience and Nutrition background are extremely valued.
- Strong organization skills.
- Demonstrated experience in managing projects with high degree of complexity and detail.
- Ability to work under pressure, producing quality work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to build teams and collaborate with colleagues from diverse backgrounds.
- Excellent written and verbal communicator with a strong sense of accountability and responsibility.
- Willingness to ask questions, comfortably pointing out challenges or mistakes and an ability to give clear, direct and professional upward and downward feedback.
- Humility. We are looking for passionate professionals who combine strong leadership skills with good humor, patience, and a humble approach to service to join our growing family of leaders
- A willingness to commit to living in rural areas of Kenya for at least two years.
- Technical Skills: Proficiency in Microsoft Office and/or Google Suite required, database management, CommCare, R or Stata are valued.
- Language: English and Swahili required.
Preferred Start Date
As soon as possible
Commensurate with experience
Health insurance, paid time off
Sponsor International Candidates
No; Must have existing rights to work in Kenya.
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here.