Established in 1998, Solarcentury is a global leader in the development and management of international large-scale solar projects and smart energy technology, with operations across Europe, Latin America and Africa.
Privately owned and headquartered in the UK, Solarcentury is known internationally for building the largest solar farms in the UK, Netherlands, Kenya and Panama, as well as other pioneering projects including the world's first solar bridge; the Blackfriars Solar Bridge in Central London.
In 2006, we established SolarAid, a charity which aims to combat climate change and poverty in the developing world by providing access to solar lights, while helping to eradicate the use of kerosene lamps in Kenya, Malawi, Uganda and Zambia. Solarcentury donates 5% of its net profits to SolarAid, which to date has enabled more than 10 million people across Africa to access safe, clean and sustainable solar light power.
Salary: 936,000 KES (based on full time salary of 1,560,000 KES)
Closing date: 24th of July 2019
About The Role
We are looking for an excellent Administration Assistant on a part time basis to join our small friendly team in Nairobi. You will provide full administration support to the office from being the first point of contact for callers and visitors, looking after stationery and office supplies, mail, couriers and travel arrangements, in addition to assisting the Administration and Finance manager with finance duties - such as raising Purchase orders in our invoicing software MS Dynamics NAV, financial transactions, expense reports and reconciliations.
Key Activities And Responsibilities
- Receiving visitors to the office, answering incoming phone calls, entering and retrieving electronic data (from office phones), and sorting and distributing mail.
- Arranging shipping or transportation services where required
- Ensuring office supplies (stationery, equipment etc.) and services are maintained at appropriate levels. Monitoring and ensure service level agreements with suppliers are met.
- Monitor inventory - collaborate with the respective department to ensure cost-effectiveness.
- Facilitate protocol and coordinate local travel i.e. organise for local taxis especially for colleagues travelling to Nairobi from international offices.
- Ensure all office equipment is well maintained;
- Reconcile data and reports, resolving discrepancies and collaborating across various Finance and non-Finance functions effectively
- Post information to accounting journals such as expense claims etc
- Assist to improve and simplify systems
- Prepare financial transactions related to the office - ensure proper coding and approvals
- Verify supporting documentation, ensure reconciliation with approved contracts
- Assist in maintaining an effective filing system for financial transactions and other items required in the office and for projects.
- Review and process travel & expense reports, follow up on employee advances
- Assist the Finance and Admin manager with monthly closings and preparation of monthly payment runs
- Assist with implementing and maintaining internal financial controls and procedures
- Performs other related work as required
Qualifications and experience:
- Proficient Computer skills (Microsoft suite - Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Working knowledge of scheduling, spreadsheets and presentation software
- 1-2 years previous experience in a related field
- Highly self-motivated, self-directed with the ability to work with limited supervision
- Highly organized with excellent attention to detail and follow-through while managing multiple tasks.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Highly organized and flexible, ability to prioritize tasks to meet deadlines
- Effective planning and time management skills
- Seizes accountability
- Strong team player with good people skills
- Ability to work successfully within a complex corporate environment
- Effective interpersonal, influence and communications skills
- Work with a high degree of accuracy
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Management or other relevant qualification
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics NAV
By applying for this role, your details will be sent to Ortolan People, who are acting as consultants for the hiring company. Ortolan People are engaged to provide recruitment support in processing applications. We will endeavour to respond to all applicants within three working days. Occasionally for roles with a very high volume of applicants, this may not be possible.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Solarcentury career website on www.aplitrak.com to apply